Snoa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I have applied for history, economics, geography and politics at 6th form but I was thinking of switching from politics to sociology. What do you think the key differences between the subjects are in terms of difficulty and how you learn ect.? Thank you
Last edited by Snoa; 1 week ago
ewpfs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't do Politics or Sociology, but my best friend does and I did Sociology GCSE so I often look through her work. From what I've seen, Politics and Sociology are similar in how you learn because they are both humanities subjects - I study English and History and my workload is very similar to my friend's. I think the main thing to consider is your enjoyment, as you'll find the a level hard no matter what it is if you don't enjoy it. Personally, I really regret not studying Sociology at A-Level, as the work is very appealing if you're interested in society, inequality, and especially if you want to explore theories such as Feminism and Marxism. If you already know what you want to study at university then that may impact your decision, but if not I'd recommend picking based on interest. Don't forget, pretty much all colleges let you switch in the first week or two (or at least mine did )
Good luck!!!!
Snoa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ewpfs)
I don't do Politics or Sociology, but my best friend does and I did Sociology GCSE so I often look through her work. From what I've seen, Politics and Sociology are similar in how you learn because they are both humanities subjects - I study English and History and my workload is very similar to my friend's. I think the main thing to consider is your enjoyment, as you'll find the a level hard no matter what it is if you don't enjoy it. Personally, I really regret not studying Sociology at A-Level, as the work is very appealing if you're interested in society, inequality, and especially if you want to explore theories such as Feminism and Marxism. If you already know what you want to study at university then that may impact your decision, but if not I'd recommend picking based on interest. Don't forget, pretty much all colleges let you switch in the first week or two (or at least mine did )
Good luck!!!!
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads