I need to get my hair done! help?

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My hair needs to be done. It's kinda messy right now. I'm going to need to start wearing a hat.

My mum does my hair but she lives in London. Getting to London and back is kinda long, plus i'd need to get back.

Is getting hair done a credible reason for going outside?

what if this lockdown goes on months and months ???
Tredoltle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What the...
No, getting your hair done is NOT a credible reason to not be at home. Please do not go outside
My hair is also extremely long and the first thing I'll do upon the end of the restrictions is to get a haircut, but meanwhile please remain home
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Given that the Government gave clear advice on what it deemed as essential, I'd say it probably isn't a credible reason.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Buy some dubbers, this wont be done after 3 weeks.
Precious Illusions
Report 1 week ago
Time to start growing it out. I was due to get my yearly haircut soon but I'll go on looking like a hobo for a while longer.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Buy some dubbers, this wont be done after 3 weeks.
don't know what dubbers are, but i have much longer hair than the average male. the top of my hair is in plats

i can't self manage my own hair. somebody needs to actually come and do it. the most i can do is trim the sides [which is short], but the top needs someone else to do it.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
don't know what dubbers are, but i have much longer hair than the average male. the top of my hair is in plats

i can't self manage my own hair. somebody needs to actually come and do it. the most i can do is trim the sides [which is short], but the top needs someone else to do it.
That is a pain, unsure what you can do
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Time to start growing it out. I was due to get my yearly haircut soon but I'll go on looking like a hobo for a while longer.
the top of my hair is in plats, the longer it stays in the harder it is to come out due to dandruff eventually accumulating and matting the hair. if it stays in plats too long then when i take out the plats a lot of hair comes out with it as it's so matted.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

You're not going to be able to get a hairdresser to visit, and barbers etc are closed. You'll just have to do the best you can yourself or, if you don't want to risk messing it up, have to grow it. Alternatively, put a No.4 guard on some clippers and buzz cut it all off.
Joel746
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should be social distancing and staying in your home anyway. Why does it matter if your hair is long? It’s not like anyone is going to see it. If you’re that desperate to cut it then just do it yourself?
Last edited by Joel746; 1 week ago
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have a pair of scissors at home?
Precious Illusions
Report 1 week ago
the top of my hair is in plats, the longer it stays in the harder it is to come out due to dandruff eventually accumulating and matting the hair. if it stays in plats too long then when i take out the plats a lot of hair comes out with it as it's so matted.
Hmm that's quite crap. Is it possible to watch some YouTube videos so you can learn the best way to do it yourself? Can imagine it's a pain but rn it's best not to go out for a hairdo.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Hmm that's quite crap. Is it possible to watch some YouTube videos so you can learn the best way to do it yourself? Can imagine it's a pain but rn it's best not to go out for a hairdo.
There are youtube video's about, however these tend to be focused on platting another persons hair and seeing as i'm a complete beginner ...doing my own hair would be far too difficult and risky imo. If i do it wrong, it will most likely end in a knot meaning i need to cut it all off. i don't even have anything to practice on also.

also a haircut becomes necessary for a job. i am looking for work atm. some jobs and interviews i've been to in the past the dresstyle is casual and i've got away with wearing a hat to hide messy hair [and still got the job] however some jobs you need to be smart. it's preferable to have a haircut/fresh hairstyle.

i'm really pissed off atm. i had a job offer but the agency is playing games in regards to sending me out so i need to start looking for other jobs now.

ok, for now i'll just leave my hair.... but if another month goes past and there's still a lockdown in place then sorry, i'm going to seriously consider risking the trip to London to get it done.....
karelina
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sure there's some yt tutorial videos out there to help you cut it yourself? I have cut all my hair off before to a pixie cut (it's grown back now), I have coloured it, straightened it, cut a fringe etc. all myself. It can be done, and I think it would be best you do something to it now than risk having to cut it all off later if your plaits get too matted/tight.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by karelina)
I'm sure there's some yt tutorial videos out there to help you cut it yourself? I have cut all my hair off before to a pixie cut (it's grown back now), I have coloured it, straightened it, cut a fringe etc. all myself. It can be done, and I think it would be best you do something to it now than risk having to cut it all off later if your plaits get too matted/tight.
here is my hair a few weeks ago right after being done.

https://i.postimg.cc/t41j6p6B/day1cut.jpg

this is not the sort of thing I can do by myself. It's just going to end up in knots
karelina
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
here is my hair a few weeks ago right after being done.

https://i.postimg.cc/t41j6p6B/day1cut.jpg

this is not the sort of thing I can do by myself. It's just going to end up in knots
Interesting style, I suppose you will have to wait then or go stay with your mum for the lockdown? Surely your hair won't grow that much in a couple months.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
With everything in lockdown, I think your going to have to wait a couple of months minimum before you can contemplate having your hair cut.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by karelina)
Interesting style, I suppose you will have to wait then or go stay with your mum for the lockdown? Surely your hair won't grow that much in a couple months.
it's looking messy already, you can no longer see the partitions [my scalp] and i get dandruff also ...and the longer i go without taking out the plats, the more matted my hair gets, and if it gets too matted then i start to lose hair when i take out the plats.

tbh it's a bit liberties me asking to stay longterm with my mum for this [i think]

i was thinking of asking my dad to drive up here and bring me to london, but given his age, again it's a bit liberties....
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's looking messy already, you can no longer see the partitions [my scalp] and i get dandruff also ...and the longer i go without taking out the plats, the more matted my hair gets, and if it gets too matted then i start to lose hair when i take out the plats.
Sorry, but it doesn't sound life-threatening.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Sorry, but it doesn't sound life-threatening.
I think you are unsympathetic because you have easy to manage hair.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (297)
34.18%
No (572)
65.82%

Watched Threads