why is my top lip swollen?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
i woke up the other day my top lip felt werid and i looked in the mirror and it was huge i was so confused, used a cold compress it reduced the swelling a bit.
i also have a spot above it, could it be from the spot, what could have caused it.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
It could be an allergy. Check it with the doctor.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
It could be an allergy. Check it with the doctor.
everything i ate that day i always eat so i don't think its an allergy
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 days ago
i woke up the other day my top lip felt werid and i looked in the mirror and it was huge i was so confused, used a cold compress it reduced the swelling a bit.
i also have a spot above it, could it be from the spot, what could have caused it.
Very deep spot or cold sore. Dont squeeze it, either leave it alone or get some zovirax or cold sore cream from £land or just spot cream. Dont force it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Very deep spot or cold sore. Dont squeeze it, either leave it alone or get some zovirax or cold sore cream from £land or just spot cream. Dont force it.
thx ill try that
999tigger
Report 3 days ago
thx ill try that
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cold-sores/
Anonymous #1
it's more of a spot than cold sore
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Keep applying ice/bag of frozen peas etc wrapped in a cloth to the area. It will reduce the swelling.
karelina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Have you got any anti-histamine to take? My lip swelled after eating some shellfish once. I went to a & e, and that's all they said to take anti-histamine tablets.
999tigger
Report 3 days ago
it's more of a spot than cold sore
If its a spot, then do not mess with it as you could drive it deeper and that will hurt much more.
If the ice as sammylou helps then try it.
If its a spot it will eventually mature and be obvious. You then ahve to make a choice when its mature.
Surely not the first spot.
You still might find the £1 cold sore cream helps ro start applying any acne gel to dry it out if you have some.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (84)
62.22%
No (51)
37.78%

Watched Threads