Courses to do whilst in isolation?

Watch
Brendan0686
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
6 months till Uni starts, theres bound to be some sort of course that will help get me a good part time job next year. Any ideas?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Brendan0686)
6 months till Uni starts, theres bound to be some sort of course that will help get me a good part time job next year. Any ideas?
I'd concentrate on finishing your 'A' level courses and doing as much reading / preparation for university as you can. You absolutely cannot afford, academically, to waste this time, although many will.
Brendan0686
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
I'd concentrate on finishing your 'A' level courses and doing as much reading / preparation for university as you can. You absolutely cannot afford, academically, to waste this time, although many will.
I'm finished my alevel, I worked hard throughout the year and should be expecting high grades, and even then... all I need is BBB. I also can't read up for Uni if I don't know what to read up on.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you looked up MOOC courses? They’re free
https://www.mooc-list.com/countries/united-kingdom
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm finished my alevel, I worked hard throughout the year and should be expecting high grades, and even then... all I need is BBB. I also can't read up for Uni if I don't know what to read up on.
Ask your university for a reading list. Otherwise, look at the modules that you'll be doing and do some research yourself.

Only needing BBB isn't relevant - the better you understand the material, the less stressful your first year will be.
username5204820
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll be honest, if by part time job you're looking at the usual part time student jobs (retail, bar work, etc.) you shouldn't need a course to prepare you. And I imagine you'll struggle to find an online course that'll teach you how to get a job at Tesco. If you're looking at something more specific then you'll need to give details if you want recommendations.

The advice RogerOxon gave is solid, if you're done with A Levels then start reading up on stuff for uni. I don't really understand how you wouldn't know what to read up on, you may not have a specific reading list but surely you know what course you've applied to and looked at the rough syllabus to know the sort of things you've be studying? That's what you can focus on for now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (337)
34.67%
No (635)
65.33%

Watched Threads