Irrational pregnancy scare?

Watch
Anora_nox09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys. So I’m just curious what my chances are that I could be pregnant. I’ve been on the pill for 4 months with only missing 2 pills in that time (one being due to getting my prescription a day late, and I was a day late due to forgetting). The entire time I’ve been on it, my period has been late. I am sexually active, but we are pretty safe in my opinion. Even being on the pill, we still use condoms and we only haven’t used a condom fully once, but he pulled out (and I was on the pill). On the 6th we didn't use a condom in the beginning, but he put it on well before he was close. That morning was the day I realized I missed my pill and went and got plan b. I took the pill consistently after that and a little over a week later we did it again without a condom but he pulled out. Since then we’ve used condoms every time after. I was supposed to start my period but I didn’t so I took a test that Thursday and it was negative. I had some cramps last night and this morning and I’m wondering if I have anything to worry about.
EssexHunx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey - hope you are well. I would say take a pregnancy test in a few days if your period does not show again. Pills can mess your period and taking plan b can also. If you took the pill fine after the plan b and before i think it is unlikely. However if your period does not show i would book an appt with your doctor.

If you are in a stable relationship or trust your partner, I would speak to him also, if that would make you feel better.

I hope you are okay xx

E
anno9898
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Usually the morning after pill can cause a week delay in your period, and the pill can affect it too. But I agree with the previous answer, if your period doesn't show, you should take a pregnancy test, and book an appointment - either with your GP or a sexual health clinic - take into account that might be a bit difficult due to the coronavirus situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (339)
34.7%
No (638)
65.3%

Watched Threads