Septate Hymen

Watch
Pollyk14_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi guys, I’m 18 and a virgin I have recently discovered that I have a septate hymen, I‘ve done some research too and am very stressed about it. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this-I don’t want to get surgery, I was wondering how much it hurts to break it whilst having intercourses. I have used tampons a few ones but they get stuck and it’s immensely painful! I’m scared it will hurt a lot more than this pain too 😫
Anonymous #1
Report 3 days ago
Why don't you want surgery? It's (generally) the best choice, although you should visit your GP to check.

Your hymen doesn't necessarily "break" per se - it stretches, and for some people this isn't painful at all, but it can prove to be more of an issue if your hymen's septate. That's why the advice is to get surgery - it's simple enough, can be done in 10 mins under local anesthetic. If you're already having some pain with tampons, the best option is to visit your GP to sort this out.

It's nothing to get worked up about though - all fixable. Don't worry
Tracey1995
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Pollyk14_)
Hi guys, I’m 18 and a virgin I have recently discovered that I have a septate hymen, I‘ve done some research too and am very stressed about it. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this-I don’t want to get surgery, I was wondering how much it hurts to break it whilst having intercourses. I have used tampons a few ones but they get stuck and it’s immensely painful! I’m scared it will hurt a lot more than this pain too 😫
Hi

You'll probably best getting the surgery hunni as sometimes if it's not done it can lead to fertility problem and the best option with a septate hymen is surgery and you'll have a normal life afterwards.
The operation is usually between 20 - 60 minutes depending on how things are but usually can be done pretty quickly , speak to your GP about it ok and see what they say to you on this .

And don't get upset or wound up over something than can be easily sorted okay
Pollyk14_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Since all hospital etc are closed for reasons like this at the moment this sounds so selfish, but I don’t want to wait this long, ive recently found someone I want to lose my virginity to, however this is preventing me obviously if I get the surgery I’ll have to wait another 6 weeks after that and ‘self isolation’ period lol X
Tracey1995
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Since all hospital etc are closed for reasons like this at the moment this sounds so selfish, but I don’t want to wait this long, ive recently found someone I want to lose my virginity to, however this is preventing me obviously if I get the surgery I’ll have to wait another 6 weeks after that and ‘self isolation’ period lol X
You wouldn't be done right away anyway as time your GP refer you to see somebody and you'll need to wait till whenever that was and if surgery was agree then you'll need to wait again for ages probably. Yes you'll have to wait another minimum 6 weeks after surgery , but does the guy really love you then he'll wait for you and the same will have to be with you as there's more important issues for you than losing your virginity okay and its understandable you may feel selfish to on this . Talk to your b/friend and explain things to him and I would hope he'll understand you afterwards as any genuine boy would wait untill thongs been sorted with you as that surely more important like .

All non essential operations and out patient appointments are temporary suspended for time being .
Anonymous #1
Report 3 days ago
You can still go to your GP and see what they'd recommend - obviously they wouldn't be able to refer you for surgery at the moment. They may at least be able to put your mind at rest, and if you have the funds, you can always go to a private gynecologist (although this isn't an option for everyone).

For now, your best bet is probably to wait - let this person know what's going on, and if they value you, they'll understand. You've lived 18 years with it - you can manage a few more months Remember that sex isn't limited to intercourse - there are plenty of other things you can do, although with social distancing and all, this probably isn't the time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 hour ago
So I have a septate hymen. I’m from the UK, I’m 17 and need this removed just so I can kind of get on with my life as this is a big worry of mine. I’m not interested in sex right now but I do want it removed just so that in the future, I wouldn’t have to wait long for an appointment. However, as at a time like this, all hospitals are closed, I’m wondering will GP’s be still available or will they be also closed due to this. I know I’ll have to wait a while for an appointment anyways but just to get it out of the way, that’s the main priority right now. So any help you can let me in on would be great. Thankyou.

Kind regards.
Appirition
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I have a septate hymen. I’m from the UK, I’m 17 and need this removed just so I can kind of get on with my life as this is a big worry of mine. I’m not interested in sex right now but I do want it removed just so that in the future, I wouldn’t have to wait long for an appointment. However, as at a time like this, all hospitals are closed, I’m wondering will GP’s be still available or will they be also closed due to this. I know I’ll have to wait a while for an appointment anyways but just to get it out of the way, that’s the main priority right now. So any help you can let me in on would be great. Thankyou.

Kind regards.
Some GP surgeries are closed due to having Coronavirus outbreaks, but I believe most surgeries are still open even if less hours than usual.
However, it's not a good idea going to a GP surgery at the moment unless it's for something that's really urgent or serious and can't wait.
You'd be far better and safer waiting till the Coronavirus situation is over then make an appointment to see a GP to get the process started.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads