sara223
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

I am currently in Year 11 and I’ve been thinking about what i would like to take for A Levels.

At the moment, I’m thinking of doing Computing and Maths for A Levels but have been struggling to pick a third option. I want to pick a third subject that goes well with the two. I know that Physics goes well with them but I’m not very good at it. What else goes with my current options?
w10aneilson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Any science would definitely go with Computing and Maths, yes, Physics works the best, but also Chemistry or Biology.
Also, Design and Technology, or the equivalent.
What are you wanting to do after A Levels?
Further mathematics would also work really well, as it's simply an add on, and a more complex version of maths (hence, "further" aha)
sara223
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by w10aneilson)
Any science would definitely go with Computing and Maths, yes, Physics works the best, but also Chemistry or Biology.
Also, Design and Technology, or the equivalent.
What are you wanting to do after A Levels?
Further mathematics would also work really well, as it's simply an add on, and a more complex version of maths (hence, "further" aha)
Thank you for your help. I think after A Levels, I definitely want to get a degree in Computer Science. I think I’ll look into DT as that might be interesting to me.
w10aneilson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sara223)
Thank you for your help. I think after A Levels, I definitely want to get a degree in Computer Science. I think I’ll look into DT as that might be interesting to me.
No problem Ah, yes, then DT would definitely help with the engineering, logical side of Computer Science. But make sure that you enjoy the third subject you take, too.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lots of subjects! Any science really, chemistry or biology not just physics, DT, psychology or even something like music.
username5204820
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sara223)
Hi

I am currently in Year 11 and I’ve been thinking about what i would like to take for A Levels.

At the moment, I’m thinking of doing Computing and Maths for A Levels but have been struggling to pick a third option. I want to pick a third subject that goes well with the two. I know that Physics goes well with them but I’m not very good at it. What else goes with my current options?
Depends heavily on what your goal is. Why do you want to study CompSci in the first place? Are you aiming for a certain degree? A certain job? The university you're aiming for may have certain entry requirements, while certain jobs may benefit from a light background in a subject at A Level.

There's an argument to be had for most subjects. Other STEM subjects tend to go well, purely for being STEM. A lot of softer subjects can also be suitable as a way to broaden your skills and make you more rounded. If there's a subject you particularly enjoy and think you can do well in, that may be a good choice to give you an easy, enjoyable A Level. There's a lot of different ways of looking at, so don't feel like you absolutely need to pick a subject that complements CompSci and Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (213)
33.7%
No (419)
66.3%

Watched Threads