Breakdown during school

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I don't know if this is actually a breakdown but didn't know what else to call it.

Before lockdown and everything, I had a breakdown in school. I was sat in lesson and just couldn't do work. I couldn't concentrate. So many thoughts flying around. I wanted them to shut up. I told them to shut up. They didn't stop. I put my hands over my ears but they still didn't stop. I walked out of class. I just tried to calm myself down.

I had a similar, but less extreme the week after. Couldn't concentrate and obviously looked distressed so I was allowed to leave. They said it was a panic attack.

Why? What's wrong with me?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't know if this is actually a breakdown but didn't know what else to call it.

Before lockdown and everything, I had a breakdown in school. I was sat in lesson and just couldn't do work. I couldn't concentrate. So many thoughts flying around. I wanted them to shut up. I told them to shut up. They didn't stop. I put my hands over my ears but they still didn't stop. I walked out of class. I just tried to calm myself down.

I had a similar, but less extreme the week after. Couldn't concentrate and obviously looked distressed so I was allowed to leave. They said it was a panic attack.

Why? What's wrong with me?
Dont think it would be a breakdown and panic attack seems a better description, but doesnt sound serious. Chill and find a wa of relaxing or explore what may be causing you be so anxious.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/panic-disorder/
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I feel you
How long have you been like this? Do you still study well?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by shebk)
I feel you
How long have you been like this? Do you still study well?
On and off for about 5 years. Most of the time was just at home though. Normally study well but have the odd few days when I can't do anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads