Nicola2260
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Dumb question but just need the clarification...since A levels have been cancelled this year with exams not happening in the summer, should I still be doing work relating to my courses? It feels wrong just stopping all together....
saltytablet
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nicola2260)
Dumb question but just need the clarification...since A levels have been cancelled this year with exams not happening in the summer, should I still be doing work relating to my courses? It feels wrong just stopping all together....
In my opinion, which might not mean much to you, you should only continue doing work if you don't believe you'll achieve the grades to get into the University/Apprenticeship/Whatever else you want. This way you can retake the exams and achieve the grades you deserve a lot easier.
I believe the only other reason you should be doing work is if it's for the course you wish to study in university, but that'd mean you would only be studying a selection of your A-Levels and not all 3 of them.

The only other reason I'm aware that people are still doing work is to keep themselves into a routine, which isn't too bad an idea.

Ultimately if you don't WANT to revise, you don't HAVE to. Nothing BAD will come out of it, since grades are to be determined through other means.

Goodluck in what you want to do though! : )
Nicola2260
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by saltytablet)
In my opinion, which might not mean much to you, you should only continue doing work if you don't believe you'll achieve the grades to get into the University/Apprenticeship/Whatever else you want. This way you can retake the exams and achieve the grades you deserve a lot easier.
I believe the only other reason you should be doing work is if it's for the course you wish to study in university, but that'd mean you would only be studying a selection of your A-Levels and not all 3 of them.

The only other reason I'm aware that people are still doing work is to keep themselves into a routine, which isn't too bad an idea.

Ultimately if you don't WANT to revise, you don't HAVE to. Nothing BAD will come out of it, since grades are to be determined through other means.

Goodluck in what you want to do though! : )
Thank you for your response!

It was very useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.91%
No (423)
66.09%

Watched Threads