The Student Room Group

How to exercise at home during the lockdown?

Any suggestions? I want to get fit and lose weight too but it’s hard when your bored and unmotivated. Especially during the lockdown.
The only things I have are dumbbells (light 3kg ones) and an elliptical machine.

Thanks
find 30 day challenges to do for specific exercises
search emi wong on youtube
Original post by flashcards2141
search emi wong on youtube

Thank you!
It may help if you watch some motivation podcasts to get you in the mood and get your mind out of any negative thoughts
Just stick to a routine and get some family to join you or friends or whoever you live to join it is more fun when you workout with someone else :smile:

There are plenty of workout videos online
Exercise is one thing that can't bore in lockdown. But also do activity to search and read about my Computer Skill to polish myself.
Thanks.
Losing weight is mainly down to what you eat. So best to track this using something like mfp and make sure your in a deficit. The exercise will help but doesn’t mean you will lose weight necessarily
Bodyweight exercises can be pretty decent.

For instance pushups, squats, plank from basic.

You can build all the way up to 1-arm pushup, planche pushup, declining shrimp squat, front lever, planche etc.

If you're insane, you could do a 1-finger pushup, 2-finger planche pushup, 2-arm front lever planche (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGZ9B8p3CA). There's a huge range of strength attainable using just your bodyweight.
We can exercise at home without any equipment. All you need is 10-20 minutes out of your day to do an effective workout at home. Exercises we can do at home like squats, side planks, push ups to increase strength and strengthen muscles. We can also use a trampoline.
Original post by EmmaSmith4
We can exercise at home without any equipment. All you need is 10-20 minutes out of your day to do an effective workout at home. Exercises we can do at home like squats, side planks, push ups to increase strength and strengthen muscles. We can also use a trampoline.

At some point the exercises won't be tough enough to gain muscle.

For instance once you go past shrimp squats with both hands, you need equipment.

Once you get past a one-leg sissy squat it's hard without equipment.

After doing side plank crunches, I suppose one could do bird dog plank with limbs out 90 degrees.

For pushups you can do one-arm pushups or even one-finger pushups.

But eventually you'd need equipment.
In the lockdown, I have done a lot of exercises to lose weight and sometimes for an active body and brain. Here are some exercises that you can do when you can't leave the house. You can try lunges, burpees, planks, squats and jump ropes. You can burn calories while doing housework.
Original post by Voss.gloss20
Any suggestions? I want to get fit and lose weight too but it’s hard when your bored and unmotivated. Especially during the lockdown.
The only things I have are dumbbells (light 3kg ones) and an elliptical machine.

Thanks

Hello,
If you want to loose your weight and maintain yourself. Join full body weight training workout at Living Bolder. Living BOLDER creates fitness and wellness programs specially designed for the unique needs of Women over 40. Bolder STRONG programs are Simple, Effective & Safe Fitness Programs that deliver results in just 20-40 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week. The optimal mix of Strength, Cardio Intervals and Mobility workouts.
(edited 1 year ago)
you can do some exercises inside the house and around a yard you can also do jogging, squatting it depends how wide or opened
your yard is.

Quick Reply

Latest