I feel inferior to uni mates

Watch
Gillzy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I could never pass my maths GCSE even after many times of trying and after hearing that all of them passed has gotten me feeling sad. I wont ever pass i know that but will it matter at the end when i graduate as i want to do journalism jobs? Its got me feeling inferior and stupid.
dead ting!!!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gillzy)
So I could never pass my maths GCSE even after many times of trying and after hearing that all of them passed has gotten me feeling sad. I wont ever pass i know that but will it matter at the end when i graduate as i want to do journalism jobs? Its got me feeling inferior and stupid.
its not hard, im doing maths a levels.
you have to believe - then ur half way there
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How do you even know that they all passed GCSE Maths? I never talked about GCSE grades with my uni peers, as they aren't particularly relevant once you get to degree level.

Some jobs may require you to have GCSE Maths even after getting a degree, so you might want to keep at it.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey Gillzy!

We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. I know for one I'm terrible at art and definitely maths! I'm sure you exceed in other areas which they don't. There is no need to feel stupid at all. I know I sometimes find myself thinking I'm inferior to others when I'm sat in lectures or seminars but then I think about my own personal strengths and that we aren't all perfect at everything.

I would definitely keep trying to pass though, as even with a degree, employers still look for English and Maths GCSEs.

Oh, and if your friends have mocked you in any way about this, they aren't friends!

I hope that helped!

Courtney - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads