Covid-19: Stay strong quarantine thread, how are we coping ?

Watch
Supernova36
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey student room

Well, what a bizarre time we’re living through. I feel like it’s a parallel universe/a dream/ a horror movie . Like most other people, I’m cooped up indoors and trying to make the most of it... cooking, reading, workouts...

How is everyone doing on lockdown? If anyone needs a vent or to get something off their chest I welcome this thread. Even just for chit chat though the inevitable boredom.

Keep safe and stay strong
Supernova xox
Last edited by Supernova36; 2 days ago
Charlie101998
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Me and a couple of friends have started streaming video games together to try and entertain ourselves
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We're not coping.

I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm so dead. If coronavirus doesn't kill me, uni eventually will.

My current module (**** you, Research Methods) is murder. I've got a submission this week for one assignment, and then a much larger 3000 word literature review to submit in a couple of weeks. I live in the loudest, busiest house and it's the most frustrating thing trying to concentrate.

I've done absolutely nothing for my submission because I'm too stressed with everything that's going on and all the noise at home is getting to me because I need pin drop silence to concentrate, but I can't get that anywhere considering everywhere is closed. ****. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm so ****ing lonely.
Supernova36
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
We're not coping.

I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm so dead. If coronavirus doesn't kill me, uni eventually will.

My current module (**** you, Research Methods) is murder. I've got a submission this week for one assignment, and then a much larger 3000 word literature review to submit in a couple of weeks. I live in the loudest, busiest house and it's the most frustrating thing trying to concentrate.

I've done absolutely nothing for my submission because I'm too stressed with everything that's going on and all the noise at home is getting to me because I need pin drop silence to concentrate, but I can't get that anywhere considering everywhere is closed. ****. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
It really is a tough time to be a student, I hope you were able to finish it all in time. Good luck x
Supernova36
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
I'm so ****ing lonely.
I am too, I’m connected via social media to all my pals but you can’t bit a drive or wandering around the shops, having a coffee, the pub with them all in person :cry:
angelike1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Got exams in less than a month so I would have been mainly indoors revising, regardless
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Blah bleh blah blah blah blah.

Sorry about that I’m just up at this time working currently not great I know, I’m going against the advice of friends but I really need to get all my work done. I’ve been set probably triple the amount we’d normally get during school, they are taking advantage of the situation to be honest. The amount I’m working is making me exhausted and unwell, I work nights to complete it then become more unwell so that means I work less and do nights; you can see the vicious circle I’ve been going around.
Last edited by Greywolftwo; 2 days ago
Supernova36
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelike1)
Got exams in less than a month so I would have been mainly indoors revising, regardless
The show must go on, doll, good luck
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Lovely thread idea
Could be better tbh how are you? :hugs:
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Lovely thread idea
I’m smashingly good thanks!
Supernova36
Rep:
?
Lovely thread idea
Aw , could be better? How so ? :grouphugs:

I’m ok actually , I have my little routine at home with my workouts and tv shows , errands and bits of life admin. I also found out that today my company will be furloughing most staff (we have had official comms but waiting for my personal furlough email so still feeling slightly nervous and I will until I see the email with my own eyes). It is fairly certain though , but still.

Aside from the elephant in the room, I’m good all things considered x
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Supernova36)
I am too, I’m connected via social media to all my pals but you can’t bit a drive or wandering around the shops, having a coffee, the pub with them all in person :cry:
Drinking at home is working out pretty well for me so far.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I think I'd prefer it if I was more alone
Supernova36
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
I think I'd prefer it if I was more alone
Away from the voices ...:teehee:
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Away from the voices ...:teehee:
ha, that'd be more fun, too!

Being cooped up with other people just causes friction doesn't it. even with the best will in the world, it is inevitable, and I've been on the fringes of it today. Nowhere to really escape to atm!
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I’m smashingly good thanks!
Great

Aw , could be better? How so ? :grouphugs:

I’m ok actually , I have my little routine at home with my workouts and tv shows , errands and bits of life admin. I also found out that today my company will be furloughing most staff (we have had official comms but waiting for my personal furlough email so still feeling slightly nervous and I will until I see the email with my own eyes). It is fairly certain though , but still.

Aside from the elephant in the room, I’m good all things considered x
Am missing my parent a lot :sad: under normal circumstances i would be at home for easter, going to uni also formed most of my social interaction so am struggling a bit on that front
Ah i hope that goes ok :hugs: can imagine its a bit of an uncertain time for those with employment worries
Glad to hear it :hugs:
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Am missing my parent a lot :sad: under normal circumstances i would be at home for easter, going to uni also formed most of my social interaction so am struggling a bit on that front
Ah i hope that goes ok :hugs: can imagine its a bit of an uncertain time for those with employment worries
Glad to hear it :hugs:
Schoolwork is doing my head in, I’m currently working while using TSR to keep my sanity in check
Supernova36
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
ha, that'd be more fun, too!

Being cooped up with other people just causes friction doesn't it. even with the best will in the world, it is inevitable, and I've been on the fringes of it today. Nowhere to really escape to atm!
I’m sure the murder and divorce rate with soar :2euk48l:
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m sure the murder and divorce rate with soar :2euk48l:
Already evidence of that, domestic homicides are already on the up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.83%
No (446)
66.17%

Watched Threads