I hate my body

Watch
Idontlikeonions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm 14 and I hate everything about my body. I have stretch marks on my arms,my back,my thighs,my shoulders,my hips and stomach.
I'm overweight,can't get control of my acne and I feel really upset and anxious a lot.
What makes me feel worse about myself and my body is that I have some friends who always post on social media 'im so fat I had chinese for my dinner' and it makes me think if these girls that are skinny think they're fat what do think of me? Obviously they don't do it on purpose, but it does affect me.
I've never had a boyfriend and have never kissed anyone which I don't really care about, but it does make me feel like crap because I'm so overweight and ugly that no boy likes me and it just makes me even more insecure about myself
allstoriesrtrue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This probably won’t help but I completely understand where you’re coming from, at 14 I had completely the same mindset (and although it’s much improved sometimes I get similar things). As cliche as it is, all those things are normal. And I guarantee - I promise - that so many of those girls are going through the exact same thing.

You are not your weight, looks, or mindset. Society seems to place so much value on physical things, it might help to think about some of your talents, personality traits and good actions - helping people is so much more powerful. Everyone is so preoccupied with their own insecurities to notice anything you’d consider a flaw.

Moreover, you’ve become accustomed to your own beauty and uniqueness. I bet people are jealous about things you’ve never even appreciated about yourself. If even just 1% of people in the world found you attractive (when it’s likely so much higher than that), that’s millions upon millions of people. You cannot argue with those statistics.

In my friend group of 6, 5 of us have never been in a relationship. This includes a certified model and head girl (as well as me, the neighbourhood nerd). And you know what? We’re happy and it’s not stopped me from having the best years of my life at sixth form. People will love you for you. I promise. Have faith and good luck
Last edited by allstoriesrtrue; 1 week ago
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Idontlikeonions)
I'm 14 and I hate everything about my body. I have stretch marks on my arms,my back,my thighs,my shoulders,my hips and stomach.
I'm overweight,can't get control of my acne and I feel really upset and anxious a lot.
What makes me feel worse about myself and my body is that I have some friends who always post on social media 'im so fat I had chinese for my dinner' and it makes me think if these girls that are skinny think they're fat what do think of me? Obviously they don't do it on purpose, but it does affect me.
I've never had a boyfriend and have never kissed anyone which I don't really care about, but it does make me feel like crap because I'm so overweight and ugly that no boy likes me and it just makes me even more insecure about myself
why don't you just lose some weight then, instead of worrying about it? watch yt videos from qualified personal trainers and dieticians and follow their advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.73%
No (448)
66.27%

Watched Threads