advice for my best friend?

Watch
blackcurrantt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
they feel like their bf isn't putting enough effort into their relationship; doesn't initiate conversations or organise things etc. I can tell it's not making her feel loved and appreciated and that's what she needs rn. what advice do give that will make things better?
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by blackcurrantt)
they feel like their bf isn't putting enough effort into their relationship; doesn't initiate conversations or organise things etc. I can tell it's not making her feel loved and appreciated and that's what she needs rn. what advice do give that will make things better?
Hello
With the UK on lockdown they shouldn’t be organising anything together until this settles down, for their own safety and others.
As for the conversations, I’m not really sure on how I can help change that. If he’s not putting in much effort, it could be that he is bored, really busy or is starting to lose interest. Is he engaging in conversations that are started by your friend?
All I can say is to just be there for her, if she’s feeling down then she is going to need support, especially with all the self isolation etc.
Hopefully this helps, ask me if you need anything else
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Forgot to add this
They could always arrange a time to do a video chat? This would allow them to have a more personal chat that isn’t just texting. Maybe he would be more likely to start a conversation then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (23)
71.88%
No (4)
12.5%
Not sure (5)
15.63%

Watched Threads