lbeaufils
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hi guys, I have offers for PPE at UCL and at Warwick for Econ. Which one should I pick ? Idk at all, could you give me your opinion ?
Mona123456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by lbeaufils)
Hi guys, I have offers for PPE at UCL and at Warwick for Econ. Which one should I pick ? Idk at all, could you give me your opinion ?
Hi there,

In my opinion I’d decide based off course - Warwick is pure economics which is highly mathematical, whereas at UCL you’d also be studying two other disciplines. You need to try and decide whether you genuinely want to study politics and philosophy, or whether economics (and maths) is your main love. This should help you to pick the degree you’ll enjoy the most and do best in.

Personally I’d choose Warwick economics (I applied for economics there too) as I really liked the course and Warwick ranks very highly for economics, plus the campus is lovely and living costs will be lower. As I’ve said though - you should pick the course that you’ll enjoy more. If you pick PPE but aren’t such a fan of politics and philosophy, that’s maybe two thirds of the degree that you won’t enjoy. If you pick economics but don’t want a highly mathematical degree and would rather get the chance to also study politics and philosophy, that’s a bad choice too. So, do some more research into the course structure and pick the one you’ll enjoy more that will best suit your skill set and interests.

Good luck with your decision
blue2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Warick Econ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (45)
60%
No (30)
40%

Watched Threads