Complications from expired implant?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Obviously with current COVID-19 situation the NHS have been cancelling appointments. I'm a bit concerned tho as my implant expires st the end of next month and the appointment to change it has been cancelled.

I'm not concerned about not being protected against pregnancy as I can avoid sex or use condoms.

I am however concerned there may be some side effects? I can't find any information on what happens if its left longer than the 3 year period. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it dangerous to leave it in or is it just the hormonal side effects?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No personal experience but I don't think there should be any side-effects apart from risk of pregnancy.
anno9898
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are a loads of services which are still available: GP surgery, sexual health clinics, contraception clinics, and some young people services. I appreciate that it might be more difficult to get an appointment, but it worth a phone call! They also can talk about possible side effects!
(I also don't think there will be any though)
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No side effects. Local sexual health services will be able to offer you another method if you are at risk of pregnancy, and you can use condoms until you can get an appointment but as for side effects from an overdue implant, there are none. If you havent had periods on it, they may come back, or be irregular but that is it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.63%
No (621)
65.37%

Watched Threads