Georgiandah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am most likely going to be attending Greenwich Uni in September and am torn as to which halls to live in. I am quite set on taking my car mainly for trips home (my mum lives an hour drive away and my dad also an hour but in the opposite direction) as it is a lot easier than train for me personally. I am aware that Avery Hill is the only place which has parking, however I wondered if in any of the others it is possible to get a permit for a nearby street or something similar. I also wondered if it is possible to leave my car in the actual university car park? If none of this is possible I am likely to choose Avery Hill and drive in every day however I would prefer to be closer and have my car parked up somewhere where I barely would use it because, as I said, I mainly want it with me for trips home. If you don’t know the answer to my questions but know where I can find them, please point me in the right direction. I am stuck!
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Georgiandah)
Hi, I am most likely going to be attending Greenwich Uni in September and am torn as to which halls to live in. I am quite set on taking my car mainly for trips home (my mum lives an hour drive away and my dad also an hour but in the opposite direction) as it is a lot easier than train for me personally. I am aware that Avery Hill is the only place which has parking, however I wondered if in any of the others it is possible to get a permit for a nearby street or something similar. I also wondered if it is possible to leave my car in the actual university car park? If none of this is possible I am likely to choose Avery Hill and drive in every day however I would prefer to be closer and have my car parked up somewhere where I barely would use it because, as I said, I mainly want it with me for trips home. If you don’t know the answer to my questions but know where I can find them, please point me in the right direction. I am stuck!
Hey! I haven't heard of any nearby streets allowing students to get permits to park there, and the car park at the main campus is predominantly for lecturers and management. It may be possible for you to get a space there in exceptional circumstances, but if I'm honest Avery Hill is probably your best choice. The parking in London can get a bit pricey, so I wouldn't recommend staying in a car park unless you need to. You also wouldn't need to drive to the uni every day if you stayed in Avery - there's a free bus that goes between campuses pretty much every half an hour. I stay at Avery myself and the buses are pretty reliable, they usually take around half an hour each way. It took about 15 minutes to walk from Defoe to campus when I stayed there in the first year anyway, so if parking is a priority and you don't mind an extra 15 minutes on your journey, then I'd say stick with Avery. Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads