Zara Noor Horain
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi guys, I’ve heard (most likely a rumor) that we may be getting one grade above what we got in our mock exams. Is this true??
N47H4N22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Nah, we are bieng given a 'predicted grade' of our mock results,inclass assessments and already used predictions
KingZayd II
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Zara Noor Horain)
Hi guys, I’ve heard (most likely a rumor) that we may be getting one grade above what we got in our mock exams. Is this true??
One of the most absurd rumors I've ever heard of. Teachers will never give a grade higher than one's actual standard. At least it won't happen where I study.
TakeALittleWalk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by KingZayd II)
One of the most absurd rumors I've ever heard of. Teachers will never give a grade higher than one's actual standard. At least it won't happen where I study.
It isn't necessarily an 'absurd rumour' and has substance. Mocks are completed far earlier than the actual exams and it is common knowledge that students are extremely likely to perform much higher in the real thing.

Either way tho; It'll be mocks, class assessments, predicted grades and essentially the teacher's opinion.
KingZayd II
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by TakeALittleWalk)
It isn't necessarily an 'absurd rumour' and has substance. Mocks are completed far earlier than the actual exams and it is common knowledge that students are extremely likely to perform much higher in the real thing.

Either way tho; It'll be mocks, class assessments, predicted grades and essentially the teacher's opinion.
Students may perform higher in an actual exam, but I do doubt that a teacher will give a higher grade simply based on the fact that he/she assumes that a student has the potential of performing higher than their scores in the mock exams.

Additionally, not all students perform better in the real exams than internal examinations, this is something which I personally saw in my own school.
Zara Noor Horain
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
It’s such a shame. I got a 6 (7in writing and speaking) in French and am now really worried, as I would like to do medicine. I’m hoping my teacher will give me a grade 7 but I doubt it!
Zara Noor Horain
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by KingZayd II)
(Original post by N47H4N22)
Nah, we are bieng given a 'predicted grade' of our mock results,inclass assessments and already used predictions
Will the predicted grade be more or less than our mock exam result? Or will it simply just remain the same? I guess it depends on the teacher? Also, I’ve had a few issues with one of my teachers as this teacher does not really like me and seems to pick on me. Will this had on impact on my grade for that subject?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (66)
48.89%
No, they should still go ahead (29)
21.48%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (40)
29.63%

Watched Threads