Siubojannn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi all,
I am choosing between Manchester metropolitan university (MMU), Salford university and Sheffield Hallam university for adult nursing degree. Can any current students tell me more about clinical placement? Which NHS trust do students usually go? And how is the graduate prospect ? Are the students being absorbed by those hospital /clinics that they go?

Thank you so much as I can’t find any related information online. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Jan
Last edited by Siubojannn; 6 days ago
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Siubojannn)
Hi all,
I am choosing between Manchester metropolitan university (MMU), Salford university and Sheffield Hallam university for adult nursing degree. Can any current students tell me more about clinical placement? Which NHS trust do students usually go? And how is the graduate prospect ? Are the students being absorbed by those hospital /clinics that they go?

Jan
Hi Siubojannn,

I hope you're well. They're all great universities which I'm sure have their own characteristics. You can chat to a current Adult Nursing student, Aisha, on our chat platform and I'm sure she will be happy to answer all the above questions about the course and placement/employment opportunities. You can also chat to any of our students on there about what it is like to study at Hallam and student life in Sheffield, this could help you narrow down your decision.

hallamstudents are also happy to offer their opinion of Hallam, reviews of accommodation and facilities as well as what there is to do in the city

I hope you find the information you are looking for, good luck with your decision!
- Ella
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Siubojannn)
Hi all,

Jan
"Hi

In regard to the Uni itself, the main reason I came to Sheffield Hallam was because of how much focus there was on getting practical work experience at the University, one of my friends does adult nursing at Hallam and she is at placement for quite a bit of the year. I’m sure if you speak to Aisha on unibuddy she will be able to give you specific answers to your question.

We also have a great careers team, they have advisors from each course who you can make appointments with to discuss future graduate jobs, part time jobs and any other careers related enquiries. I have had appointments with the careers team, and they have helped me fine tune applications, check my CV and gain a mentor in the field I want to study after my degree, through the career mentoring scheme.

I have found there’s also a lot of support provided at the Uni. Lecturers and tutors are always willing to meet if I ever have any questions or need any support.

Sheffield is also a student city as there are 2 large Uni’s, so there is almost always something to do for students, and there are plenty of Bars, restaurants and cinema’s available. It’s also a good city if you enjoy nature as the peak district is close by and there are plenty of parks around.
Sheffield is also a very cheap for living costs, compared to larger cities.

I hope this helped, feel free to ask any me any specific questions you have about the Uni.

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.54%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (49)
28.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed