Why do girls consistently pick the wrong guys?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
99 out of 100 girls/woman will get with a guy that's clearly not for her & then moan about the troubles & adversities that arise as a result of the relationship. The relationship will end but then it's the same thing again and again; it's a vicious cycle. 🙄Either women are stupid or men are cunning, deceitful & cruel.

Any thoughts?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The same thing applies to men too.

Except there's more social conditioning for men to keep their emotions bottled up.

Maintaining a happy romantic relationship is more difficult than starting one in the first place.

Your 99 out of 100 figure is hyperbolic. A proportion of relationships do become happy enough "till death do they part" ones. I'm not sure what the proportion is. It's probably higher than 1 in 100.

Also, there are a proportion of people that are good at the initial attraction stuff, but not good as romantic partners to live with.

Plus it's very common for 2 people to be perfectly fine people, but for them to be incompatible with their boyfriend or girlfriend in one or more key areas where there isn't a viable work-around. These incompatabilities only come to light after spending a lot of time with each other.

But yes, the whole dating scene can be infuriating if you're the sort of person whose best qualities only come to light once someone has really gotten to know you. For example if you are highly honest, have high integrity, are tolerant, lack major flaws or addictions etc etc. In that case all I can say is keep plugging away. You may not get the quantity of relationships of some people, but the relationships that you do have should be of a good general high level of quality.
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Report 6 days ago
Who hurt you OP?
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Because there are things that attract people more than being kind, considerate, faithful and other things that make someone a good romantic partner do.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
It's the same for guys!! I think once one matures, they start being able to see beyond looks, and see a person for who they are instead of just how they look. But it's not a gender thing because as a girl, believe me, guys do this too. It's a maturity thing.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think it must be in our makeup or DNA, lol.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They have examples, such as every woman ever in a relationship with Russell Brand.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This applies to guys and girls, although 99 out of 100 is a dubious statistic.
People often choose partners that are not compatible with them, their values or future ambitions.
Sometimes because they are attracted by looks, celebrity, money, the opportunity of escaping a negative situation or just desperately lonely and terrified of being alone.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
99 out of 100 girls/woman will get with a guy that's clearly not for her & then moan about the troubles & adversities that arise as a result of the relationship. The relationship will end but then it's the same thing again and again; it's a vicious cycle. 🙄Either women are stupid or men are cunning, deceitful & cruel.

Any thoughts?
Thing is I personally always go out with nerds (very attractive ones) and yea sometimes we out grow each other or they are idiots but I will say is there's almost always signs. But sometimes because it's different people they might not see it. I think women need to fall in love with themselves first before considering relationships, it like when some get hurt they are not completely heal and this breaks down their self esteem. But the same thing can happen to men as well. Women are vulnerable and more willing to show their emotions while men hide theirs.
Roseyr1119-20
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Any thoughts?
woman get periods which gives them random mood swings!
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
lul

Do note lots of people LOVE drama more than anything. I couldn't really understand it at first but some people are so bored, they need that rush and adrenaline that drama brings.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
My thought is to go get yerself a beer and stop fretting
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Both genders are often attracted to the other for very different reasons than reasons which create loyalty between them and their partner. Both are often attracted to the superficial, that is also often very easy to fake. I literally new a guy who was dead broke, but had a loud mouth, the right posture, and always managed to get his hands on a bundle of cash before a night out. He got laid almost every time. He also was not a drug dealer, and actually not that unpleasant to be around either, apart from his perverse world view which he occasionally liked to share with people. He would help out if you needed him to.

To put it more... colloquially. In these matters men often think with their dyck. Obviously that's going to lead to mistakes. In his case, he concluded that 'all women are gold diggers'. He blamed being broke on them, yet every time he went out would wave his banknotes in the bar tender's face, just to attract even more of them. He was a bit of a caricature to be honest.

I'm not at all convinced yet that women are much different in that sense. In the sense of being attracted to the superficial things. Age/maturity probably play a role. The 1/100 figure you give wouldn't surprise me for 14-18 year olds, for example. And if you still remain superficial as you get older, after the age of 35 or so your own looks naturally deteriorate, so you're more often left stuck with whatever bad choice you made when choosing a partner anyway.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (86)
52.12%
No, they should still go ahead (33)
20%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (46)
27.88%

Watched Threads