Is the death rate from covid 19 slowing down?

Watch
CertiMountford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So it appears the death rate from covid has slowed down two days ago 87 people died and in the past few 24 hours 43 people died so the amount of deaths has halfed this looks like the lockdown is helping but Idk if this is a direct factor to that or if its an anomaly
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by CertiMountford)
So it appears the death rate from covid has slowed down two days ago 87 people died and in the past few 24 hours 43 people died so the amount of deaths has halfed this looks like the lockdown is helping but Idk if this is a direct factor to that or if its an anomaly
Link?
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Impossible to tell without further data.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Seems very unlikely based on recent trends.

Any implemented measures will tend to have a 2-3 week lag to take effect i.e. about the time it takes to catch the virus to it killing you.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I hope so but that's just one day. We need to see a slow down for a good while before we can say it's actually slowing. I'm not optimistic. I have a feeling today's figures will be higher than yesterday's.
Cheesybread
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It takes time to see the effect 2/3 weeks look at Italy for example. Symptoms take time to show
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (247)
60.39%
No (84)
20.54%
Not sure (78)
19.07%

Watched Threads