Is it normal for my guy friend to be protective over me without liking me

Watch
Anonymous2201
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
One of my closest friends is a guy I’ve known for over 8 years. We’ve grown up with each other but when I mention how I fight with my mom and things like that..He tells me that I should forget about it strictly because it isn’t worth it. Also, when I am about to do something bad or make a bad choice he does anything in his way to stop me. Is that being protective? Idk what’s going on and I want to know how he feels. I might have caught a bit of feelings and want to see what this means. A lot of people don’t like him at our school. Also, lately he’s been leaving me on opened and making excuses that he has forgotten to respond. What should I do? Is he worth it. Can someone help me sort this out?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous2201)
One of my closest friends is a guy I’ve known for over 8 years. We’ve grown up with each other but when I mention how I fight with my mom and things like that..He tells me that I should forget about it strictly because it isn’t worth it. Also, when I am about to do something bad or make a bad choice he does anything in his way to stop me. Is that being protective? Idk what’s going on and I want to know how he feels. I might have caught a bit of feelings and want to see what this means. A lot of people don’t like him at our school. Also, lately he’s been leaving me on opened and making excuses that he has forgotten to respond. What should I do? Is he worth it. Can someone help me sort this out?
Have you actually sat down with him or phoned him to talk to him about your thoughts? If not then you will never know much about him reallly and how he feels about you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (19)
79.17%
No (3)
12.5%
Not sure (2)
8.33%

Watched Threads