The Student Room Group

Student accommodations

Hi guys,

I’m going to apply for student accommodation soon (I know it’s a bit late but...)
I wanted to ask if any of you advise me on what sites should I chose, whether it needs to be closer to uni? How do you like it, sharing a house with others?
How do you manage to pay rent every week?
Reply 1
Original post by vickieeeX
Hi guys,

I’m going to apply for student accommodation soon (I know it’s a bit late but...)
I wanted to ask if any of you advise me on what sites should I chose, whether it needs to be closer to uni? How do you like it, sharing a house with others?

Hiiiii :smile: which uni are you planning to go to ? Are you a first year student ?
Reply 2
First year starting from September, probably Birmingham or Lincoln ☺️
Reply 3
First year starting from September, probably Birmingham or Lincoln ☺️

That is lovely :smile:

do you not like the university accommodation at all ? Sometimes it is better to be in the accommodation provided by the uni in your first year so you can meet more people and often you are closer to campus. If you don't like them , there are many private accommodation websites you can check out that offer really good accommodation that is very worth it.
Liberty Living and Unite Students are really good and am sure that they have facilities in Birmingham.
Hi @vickieeeX,

I am a student here at the University of Lincoln. First of all, I would not worry too much that you have not yet applied for accommodation. I know that here in Lincoln, you are guaranteed on campus accommodation in first year should you want it. Although, there are plenty of good options available off campus too, which are very close to the University. Personally, I stayed in Lincoln Courts in my first year and I really enjoyed it. The kitchens are quite spacious and you get all the basics you need including an en-suite. I enjoyed living on campus at it is very convenient but I know lots of people that stayed off campus and they enjoyed that too. It is depending on your personal preferences regarding what you want from your accommodation (i.e. do you specifically want an en suite or a double bed?). I would say this is something you should start looking into sooner rather than later though, as some of the options start to fill up.

I hope this helps, you can find out more about the accommodation options at the University of Lincoln here. If you have any questions about the University or student life feel free to ask. However, if you have specific accommodation enquiries please send an email to [email protected]

Good luck :smile:
Jack
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m looking at Grand central

I’m Daisy 30 I know I’m so old 😂 I’m pre trans girl have Asperger and love a party. Been putting my education off for a while so I’m way behind you lot. But it’s now or never
Reply 6
Hi guys,

Hey! If you’re still looking for accommodation at Lincoln University.
I am moving to Pavilions next year and am looking for another person to move into our 4 bedroom flat (bronze en-suite). There’d be 2 first years (myself included) and 1 second year. We are looking for another female student as we are 3 female students. Please message me know if you’re interested 😊
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending