CeíraCasey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am doing a Level 3 Btec Health studies course (Nursing cadets) with no exams, only graded course work units. Are Btecs expected to finish the course completely despite the pandemic and having no lessons or teaching or will we get grades from predicted grades, tutor feedback and our work so far?
A levels and GCSEs seem to be sorted (ie. No exams etc) but what about us Btec students?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CeíraCasey)
I am doing a Level 3 Btec Health studies course (Nursing cadets) with no exams, only graded course work units. Are Btecs expected to finish the course completely despite the pandemic and having no lessons or teaching or will we get grades from predicted grades, tutor feedback and our work so far?
A levels and GCSEs seem to be sorted (ie. No exams etc) but what about us Btec students?
You need to contact college or tutor and check.
If college has closed and they havent said anything about online or submitting last pieces, then they will calculate a grade based on assessments completed. There may be some scope for tutor input but tbh you should have finished most of your btec now.
CeíraCasey
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
If college has closed and they havent said anything about online or submitting last pieces, then they will calculate a grade based on assessments completed. There may be some scope for tutor input but tbh you should have finished most of your btec now.
We have been told to carry on in case but that they do not know what will happen. We have not been taught the 5 units left on the course but I am up to date. I just wish there would be some more official information to clarify as it does feel we have been left hanging. Thanks for your reply😁
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How are BTECs meant to be nearly finished in March? In both years of a BTEC, you don't really get to finish early, there are so many assignments and units left to complete.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
We have been told to carry on in case but that they do not know what will happen. We have not been taught the 5 units left on the course but I am up to date. I just wish there would be some more official information to clarify as it does feel we have been left hanging. Thanks for your reply😁
All we have at the moment are the indication of the same principles being applied. They will be deciding where to finish but imo the term has ended. It depends on the rules. In any event you will be marked out of what you have done with some possible intervention by the tutor. Having dome more than 2/3 then that should make it easy to grade you along those lines. I could only see any tutor input raising your grade.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
How are BTECs meant to be nearly finished in March? In both years of a BTEC, you don't really get to finish early, there are so many assignments and units left to complete.
Some colleges are more advanced than others.
How many assignments out of 18 have you done?
BTEC is far more progressed than A level in having assessed work to base a grade on. Should be easy enough to give a grade consistent with work so far provided.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some colleges are more advanced than others.
How many assignments out of 18 have you done?
BTEC is far more progressed than A level in having assessed work to base a grade on. Should be easy enough to give a grade consistent with work so far provided.
We have done two assignments and two exams so far.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
We have done two assignments and two exams so far.
Out of how many?
CeíraCasey
Rep:
?
I agree, there is still lots of work to do, just like A levels, we should be given the same support. X
CeíraCasey
Rep:
?
Out of how many?
I have completed 14 out of 19 units and they have all been Distinctions so far.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
I have completed 14 out of 19 units and they have all been Distinctions so far.
Then I wouldnt worry. I would be arguing not to finish and get the grade based on existing work when they closed the college.
You arent appreciating how grades are going top be calculated.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
CeíraCasey
Rep:
?
Then I wouldnt worry. I would be arguing not to finish and get the grade based on existing work when they closed the college.
You arent appreciating how grades are going top be calculated.
I hope you are right, I just want to know officially and hear it from the department for education or pearson edexcel itself! Thank you again
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
I hope you are right, I just want to know officially and hear it from the department for education or pearson edexcel itself! Thank you again
They are making the rules up as they go along. Imo its pretty obvious what Pearson will do. They dont have a choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (339)
34.7%
No (638)
65.3%

Watched Threads