Finding a friend: Vi form advice

Watch
Babs003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I’ve never had anyone to sit with at lunch as I was always seen as odd. It all started when I realised my “thought-to-be” friend group didn’t actually care bout me. They didn’t ask where I was at lunch and didn’t tell me where they were going so I was always lonely.

When you enter sixth form, I expected to make friends since there’s new people. Turns out, 50% of people came from the same secondary school. So, at non-school uniform days or last day at school before lock-down, they were all taking pics, (went out, had sleepovers, left during lunch to go somewhere I don’t know (prior to covid))

I’m usually seen as a super positive person and «*smiley*» but no matter how much I try to get into a friend group, they always leave without me- kinda déjà-vu and it’s really affecting me.

I even tried to go for roles of responsibility but I didn’t get the winning vote. In fact, some people came up and did a little dance saying «*I’m deffo voting for u*» but thank god my eye saw them vote for someone else. They were super fake- girls who just wanted to be popular I guess. I’ve given up now on extra-curricular things.

Any advice for when I have to go back to school. My grades are average and I try to work hard but I’m always beat down by things like friends, etc. It just feels like no one likes me.
JOSHKOIKKARA
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Babs003)
I’ve never had anyone to sit with at lunch as I was always seen as odd. It all started when I realised my “thought-to-be” friend group didn’t actually care bout me. They didn’t ask where I was at lunch and didn’t tell me where they were going so I was always lonely.

When you enter sixth form, I expected to make friends since there’s new people. Turns out, 50% of people came from the same secondary school. So, at non-school uniform days or last day at school before lock-down, they were all taking pics, (went out, had sleepovers, left during lunch to go somewhere I don’t know (prior to covid))

I’m usually seen as a super positive person and «*smiley*» but no matter how much I try to get into a friend group, they always leave without me- kinda déjà-vu and it’s really affecting me.

I even tried to go for roles of responsibility but I didn’t get the winning vote. In fact, some people came up and did a little dance saying «*I’m deffo voting for u*» but thank god my eye saw them vote for someone else. They were super fake- girls who just wanted to be popular I guess. I’ve given up now on extra-curricular things.

Any advice for when I have to go back to school. My grades are average and I try to work hard but I’m always beat down by things like friends, etc. It just feels like no one likes me.
May I know a bit about you ? and I may be able to fix it and make you the best of all.
Babs003
Rep:
?
(Original post by JOSHKOIKKARA)
May I know a bit about you ? and I may be able to fix it and make you the best of all
Thanks for responding

I’ve tried to find someone who maybe feels the same as me. No hope. There’s no one like that at my sixth form. They’ve all got their circles and I always feel embarrassed when I enter the sixth form block because I don’t know where to go.

Thanks so much for replying tho, hope you can help me. No one really knows what happening with me on the inside.
Last edited by Babs003; 6 days ago
JOSHKOIKKARA
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thanks for responding

I’ve tried to find someone who maybe feels the same as me. No hope. There’s no one like that at my sixth form. They’ve all got their circles and I always feel embarrassed when I enter the sixth form block because I don’t know where to go.

Thanks so much for replying tho, hope you can help me. No one really knows what happening with me on the inside.
Usually these happens when there is a misunderstanding among the students, inbox me we will figure it out. #Keep Hope this time, it will succeed.
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Tbh a lot of people are like that, far more than we actually realise. Even some statistics show that 1 in 4 people are depressed. So a lot of people have a rough time throughout life, especially during childhood, but often we feel like we're the only ones in the darkness. So don't feel alone in this. I'm not saying you're depressed btw, it was just an example.

There's a saying that in life, you have 1 of 2 choices, either be a sheep, or be the lone wolf. You keep working on yourself, build yourself up to be the best person you can be, maintain your positivity and cheerfulness, the right people will come along. I myself was a 'popular loner', I knew a lot of people and a lot of people knew me, but my friend group was very small (it still is). But the friends I do have, they are of the best of character. So have patience, you're still very young, either you will end up finding the right people, or they'll find you.

Being a loner is not always a bad thing, often it means you're different, but different in a unique sense. I.e. you have something that others don't have, so they struggle to relate with you. And it's usually those few others who share that uniqueness that will be quick to befriend you
Last edited by HGS345; 6 days ago
Babs003
Rep:
?
(Original post by HGS345)
Tbh a lot of people are like that, far more than we actually realise. Even some statistics show that 1 in 4 people are depressed. So a lot of people have a rough time throughout life, especially during childhood, but often we feel like we're the only ones in the darkness. So don't feel alone in this. I'm not saying you're depressed btw, it was just an example.

There's a saying that in life, you have 1 of 2 choices, either be a sheep, or be the lone wolf. You keep working on yourself, build yourself up to be the best person you can be, maintain your positivity and cheerfulness, the right people will come along. I myself was a 'popular loner', I knew a lot of people and a lot of people knew me, but my friend group was very small (it still is). But the friends I do have, they are of the best of character. So have patience, you're still very young, either you will end up finding the right people, or they'll find you.

Being a loner is not always a bad thing, often it means you're different, but different in a unique sense. I.e. you have something that others don't have, so they struggle to relate with you. And it's usually those few others who share that uniqueness that will be quick to befriend you
Thanks man, you’ve restored my faith and hope. I just need to keep working on myself, try not to be too detached from people but, most of all, focus on my happiness. I guess the right friends take time to appear in one’s life.
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thanks man, you’ve restored my faith and hope. I just need to keep working on myself, try not to be too detached from people but, most of all, focus on my happiness. I guess the right friends take time to appear in one’s life.
No worries. Be humble, but fierce, never lower your standards for others so you can fit in. No matter how lonely the wolf, it will never turn to sheep for company because it knows its worth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.6%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.65%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (48)
27.75%

Watched Threads