Mocks from home for no reason?? A-Level 2020

Watch
karispg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, as you know a-levels have basically ended. And my school was in the middle of mocks when all of this took place. Ive only done one mock at school and that was last week Monday. But now, my school is trying to STILL get us to do mocks from home even though they've said it WILL DEFINITELY NOT affect the grade that we’ll be given in July??? But my psycho school is telling us to still complete mocks “for fun” and because it can give them clarity when assigning grades which contradicts the fact that they wont even affect the grades.... MY QUESTION IS, should I even do them?? They say that we should do it because theres nothing else we would be doing during this quarantine but im actually working on a lot of things that will help me for once this whole things over.
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should absolutely do them. If your schoool is telling you to do them then at this point that is your 'official advice'. The DfE has stated that teacher input will affect the grade you receive, and as a result you should be doing anything that your teachers ask to give yourself the best possible chance at recieving a good grade.
?Hannah?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
definitely do any assigned essays/tests set by your teachers. honestly, it is annoying as it’s highly unlikely that work undertaken at home will impact your grade, but it’s still worth doing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (305)
34.27%
No (585)
65.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed