Saas loan

Watch
Arron steven
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hi everyone. I was wondering anyone new the answer to this. I have recently applied for saas an been awarded it an been told on the bottom that my loan has been accepted an the slc will contact me shortly separately but I still haven’t had anything from them. Does anyone know how the loan takes to process ??
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Arron steven)
Hi everyone. I was wondering anyone new the answer to this. I have recently applied for saas an been awarded it an been told on the bottom that my loan has been accepted an the slc will contact me shortly separately but I still haven’t had anything from them. Does anyone know how the loan takes to process ??
For an August start? I wouldn't be expecting to hear from SLC for quite a while, but you're in plenty of time.

The bit where SAAS says it's accepted is the important bit.
Arron steven
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
For an August start? I wouldn't be expecting to hear from SLC for quite a while, but you're in plenty of time.

The bit where SAAS says it's accepted is the important bit.
Yeah it’s for august. Was just concerned as I’ve read some horror story’s on here we’re people didn’t hear from them at all. But thank you for getting back to me so quick
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yeah it’s for august. Was just concerned as I’ve read some horror story’s on here we’re people didn’t hear from them at all. But thank you for getting back to me so quick
NP, I haven't had a SAAS/SLC loan for a few years, but everything seemed to happen automatically after I got the SAAS letter, probably the same one, it's just one wee line right at the bottom that tells you.

I think I got my payment schedule through from SLC sometime over the summer.
Arron steven
Rep:
?
NP, I haven't had a SAAS/SLC loan for a few years, but everything seemed to happen automatically after I got the SAAS letter, probably the same one, it's just one wee line right at the bottom that tells you.
I think I got my payment schedule through from SLC sometime over the summer.
Yeah that’s the one. I was confused by it as it didn’t say much apart from saying you’ve been awarded the full amount an the slc will be in contact separately. Especially with everything going on at the moment I wasn’t sure as when I try to phone them you can’t get through
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yeah that’s the one. I was confused by it as it didn’t say much apart from saying you’ve been awarded the full amount an the slc will be in contact separately. Especially with everything going on at the moment I wasn’t sure as when I try to phone them you can’t get through
I think lots of folk get to the bottom of that letter then ask 'so am i getting a loan or not?' even though it's in pretty plain English, you expect more fanfare somehow.

I imagine SLC has their hands v full with this years student mess right now, if I hadn't heard anything by mid summer i'd maybe get in touch but no reason to stress now.
Arron steven
Rep:
?
I think lots of folk get to the bottom of that letter then ask 'so am i getting a loan or not?' even though it's in pretty plain English, you expect more fanfare somehow.

I imagine SLC has their hands v full with this years student mess right now, if I hadn't heard anything by mid summer i'd maybe get in touch but no reason to stress now.
No worries thank you for all your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads