The Student Room Group

Anonymous1502's 3 week lockdown challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous1502
I am finding today rather tough, I am not feeling very motivated at all. All I managed to do today is a 20minute bike ride and to clean the house. The waiting time for University of Edinburgh to get back to me is killing me. I feel so undecided about which uni to firm.

Spoiler

I cycled 33km today on my spinning bike in total and then I watched the live action dumbo movie, emperor's new groove part 1 and 2. Other than that I haven't done anything else. I hope for tomorrow to be a day where learning Chinese is a major part of my day. I got to a chapter in 1984 that isn't too exciting I will speed read through it perhaps.

Emperor's New Groove is an amazing film! Good choices :biggrin:
I am finding today rather tough, I am not feeling very motivated at all. All I managed to do today is a 20minute bike ride and to clean the house. The waiting time for University of Edinburgh to get back to me is killing me. I feel so undecided about which uni to firm.

Go easy on yourself, you're doing great. 20 minutes is still 20 minutes, it's better than nothing. Be proud :smile: every little helps
Reply 23
Hi everyone this is my attempt at trying to do something productive with my time while self-isolating. Here is what I want to try and achieve:

1.Use spinning bike everyday
2.Read books
3.Learn a bit of Chinese (as I applied for a Chinese degree)
4.Complete 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
5.Complete English lit coursework

1.My progress on the spinning bike:

I have been 20 minutes on the spinning bike already I managed to cycle 6km and a bit. Yesterday I managed to do 22km in 1 hour 10 minutes. I hope to go on the spinning bike again later today.

2.Yesterday I finished reading the murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I have really enjoyed it, the plot is not very predictable I was very surprised to find out who actually committed the murder. Afterwards I started reading 1984 I read 30 and a bit pages I am enjoying it so far, it isn't like any book I read before the concept is rather unique.

3.Struggling to get going with Chinese as self-directed learning can feel directionless at times. I want to get through all HSK 1 vocabulary and exemplar sentences. I learnt a few characters so far I should practice more as it is easy to forget how to write them from memory.

4.I did a bit of the frame of the jigsaw puzzle so far, the picture is of elephants so the vast majority of puzzles are very dark grey so they are rather hard. So far I haven't managed to persuade any members of my household to help out a bit.

5.My coursework is all over the place :s-smilie: it is due on the 31st of March

shusssssssssssshhh:colonhash:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Spoiler

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Go easy on yourself, you're doing great. 20 minutes is still 20 minutes, it's better than nothing. Be proud :smile: every little helps

Thank you for your support I did 45 minutes more on the spinning bike and then I took a shower. Now I will try do some Chinese. How's your day going?
Thank you for your support I did 45 minutes more on the spinning bike and then I took a shower. Now I will try do some Chinese. How's your day going?

Amazing work! Good luck with the Chinese :smile:

All good here, thanks! Got some work done on my dissertation and some more painting by numbers. Now I'm going to watch a Star Wars film (never seen it, gotta know what the hype is about) and just chill for the rest of the day :smile:
Emperor's New Groove is an amazing film! Good choices :biggrin:

What are your favourite Disney movies?
Amazing work! Good luck with the Chinese :smile:

All good here, thanks! Got some work done on my dissertation and some more painting by numbers. Now I'm going to watch a Star Wars film (never seen it, gotta know what the hype is about) and just chill for the rest of the day :smile:

I have never seen it either I wonder what the hype is about too. Which movie is the first one?
I have never seen it either I wonder what the hype is about too. Which movie is the first one?

Apparently there is a debate. We are going to need @CheeseIsVeg to help out here. I started with The Phantom Menace, which I think is Episode 1, but it's the 4th film to be released? It confuses me greatly so I had to consult Cheese and my fiance to help me figure out where to start :rofl:
lool hello Star Wars person here how can I help thee today xD
Apparently there is a debate. We are going to need @CheeseIsVeg to help out here. I started with The Phantom Menace, which I think is Episode 1, but it's the 4th film to be released? It confuses me greatly so I had to consult Cheese and my fiance to help me figure out where to start :rofl:

Hehe :tongue: Star Wars order... Phantom Menace is Episode 1 but the 4th film to be released? :dontknow: is that the right one to start with? Even though I've seen it now I still don't know :lol:
Hehe :tongue: Star Wars order... Phantom Menace is Episode 1 but the 4th film to be released? :dontknow: is that the right one to start with? Even though I've seen it now I still don't know :lol:

so if you want to watch it in terms of events in the star wars universe
episode 1 -3 (released later) but are the prequels to the main story therefore they happen first so are I guess better to watch (although not as cool as 4-7)
then 4-6 are the legendary ones and oldest ones made (main story)
7- are the new ones with mega hype

@CheeseIsVeg

so if you want to watch it in terms of events in the star wars universe
episode 1 -3 (released later) but are the prequels to the main story therefore they happen first so are I guess better to watch (although not as cool as 4-7)
then 4-6 are the legendary ones and oldest ones made (main story)
7- are the new ones with mega hype

Which movie is your favourite? Would you start with episode 4 or 1 what's your final verdict?
@CheeseIsVeg

Which movie is your favourite? Would you start with episode 4 or 1 what's your final verdict?

I started with 4 and personally I think it's a good place to start because it's really engaging and cool
episodes 1-3 are not as and so I feel one would get a more negative impression of the series and lose the ability to want to watch the others
so yeah that's my opinion

do you value engagement or chronological order basically xD
I started with 4 and personally I think it's a good place to start because it's really engaging and cool
episodes 1-3 are not as and so I feel one would get a more negative impression of the series and lose the ability to want to watch the others

omg I see why I was confused
you started with episode 4 not the film number 4 :rofl: I think I understand now
my brain is just non-existent :tongue:

Thank you for your input I will give Star Wars a go tomorrow, super excited to find out what Star Wars is actually about. Who is your favourite Star Wars character?
Mace windu or Princess Leia :yy:

Thank you for your input I will give Star Wars a go tomorrow, super excited to find out what Star Wars is actually about. Who is your favourite Star Wars character?
Today I managed to cycle 30km on my spinning bike, I have read 70 pages of 1984 I have about 60 pages left now I wanted to continue reading but I felt like all my energy had drained from me, my head hurts a bit now I think I just need to get some sleep and it will go away. I watched 2 episodes of queer eye and then I watched Lizzie Maguire the movie with my mum, this is one of my favourite childhood movies :tongue: I didn't do any Chinese I think tomorrow first thing I am getting on with Chinese. On the plus side I managed to make vegan crepes which I am super happy with as whenever I tired making non vegan crepes when I wasn't a vegan they would always stick to the pan and burn no matter how much oil I added. I was worried about giving crepe making another go but it luckily all worked out in the end. I only had strawberry jam though, I would love to have a vegan Nutella like spread with banana but that's perhaps for another day.
Today I managed to cycle 30km on my spinning bike, I have read 70 pages of 1984 I have about 60 pages left now I wanted to continue reading but I felt like all my energy had drained from me, my head hurts a bit now I think I just need to get some sleep and it will go away. I watched 2 episodes of queer eye and then I watched Lizzie Maguire the movie with my mum, this is one of my favourite childhood movies :tongue: I didn't do any Chinese I think tomorrow first thing I am getting on with Chinese. On the plus side I managed to make vegan crepes which I am super happy with as whenever I tired making non vegan crepes when I wasn't a vegan they would always stick to the pan and burn no matter how much oil I added. I was worried about giving crepe making another go but it luckily all worked out in the end. I only had strawberry jam though, I would love to have a vegan Nutella like spread with banana but that's perhaps for another day.

30km is incredible, well done!
definitely give your eyes a rest, sometimes doing lots of reading in one day isn't too good as it can strain your eyes, get a good rest tonight!
crepes sound yummy, glad they turned out well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest