Farquaad_141
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I haven't received an offer yet from Dundee (Geography/Environmental Science) but I have a conditional from Heriot Watt (Geography, Society and Environment MA), which I went to the offer day for. I really do like the university, and I love that it's so close to Edinburgh but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two (obviously if I get an offer from Dundee). I haven't been to the Dundee campus unfortunately, but I know it's a really good uni with a strong student union. The only thing I don't like about Dundee is that it's not as close to the central belt and I love Edinburgh as a city. Any advice? Thanks
sunnyjune02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi, I also applied for Geography at Dundee, I got a conditional offer a few weeks ago, I'm sure you'll hear back soon! With everything happening with the virus, I'm sure things are just taking a little longer. I live super close to Dundee, and went to the undergraduate open day last year. The campus is really good, has a nice community feel I felt. With Dundee being a smaller city than most, it does feel a little different than say Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I wouldn't let that put you off. There's still plenty going on and plenty to do. I'm sure you'd really like it, but that's something that put me off Dundee as well. I think on the unis YouTube, they have little tours of the accommodation etc so maybe watching those would help give you an insight. Hope this helps Good luck!
juliaane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I didn't apply to Dundee but I did go to the 2020 open day and it was the best open day I went to. The university atmosphere is amazing and overall the uni seems to be really good, especially if you are very social. I also went to the Heriot-Watt open day, what I liked there was the greenery and the homely feel with the ability to get out to the city. I think both unis are very similar and they both give you a home and city living experience, Dundee just has a better student union. Also, Dundee is consistently voted best uni for student experience so you might wanna consider that? If you are still unsure I'd recommend the next best thing to consider would be course structure and content, to see what suits you more, and satisfaction rates for learning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads