Joanne___
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do people at uni ALWAYS go clubbing? I love drinking and parties and clubbing in general and i definitely wouldn't mind going out at a few times a week, but what about other activities? i love playing board games, going bowling or to the movies or for any random non-drinking activity. My friends in first year of uni said they were disappointed by the monotonous way of living in dorms; just clubbing every night. They said they don't even do drinking games?? Is this true? Am i going to get through 3 years of uni without playing a game of monopoly or at least a Never Have I ever or something? =))) Thanks!
DoNotMove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joanne___)
Do people at uni ALWAYS go clubbing? I love drinking and parties and clubbing in general and i definitely wouldn't mind going out at a few times a week, but what about other activities? i love playing board games, going bowling or to the movies or for any random non-drinking activity. My friends in first year of uni said they were disappointed by the monotonous way of living in dorms; just clubbing every night. They said they don't even do drinking games?? Is this true? Am i going to get through 3 years of uni without playing a game of monopoly or at least a Never Have I ever or something? =))) Thanks!
There will be people who don't go clubbing, and many people who don't drink. I personally will be 16 when I start uni next year, so I can't drink (of course, I could get a fake ID but I don't really want to drink anyways), so I definitely won't be going clubbing. It'll be alright.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends on your friend group. Like I went out once or twice a week. Not much. Just join societies and you'll find like-minded people.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey there!

There is much more to do in University other than going out, you just need to find the right places!
I know the obvious answer is to try and join societies but it is a really good thing to do as there are so many various things to get involved in! At our university, for example, some students spend the night watching movies or ordering a takeaway. In fact, last year we even had a David Attenborough society which brought students together every week to watch his BBC show.

There will be many activities planned during the week for students. If you want to get prepared for the week maybe email the student union of the university or the student events team who are organising the week to see if they have anything planned yet.
Also, if there is something your really interested in and your University don't offer it, contact your students union to see about setting up things like games nights. Many other people will have the same viewpoint as you and want to get involved in as much as possible! :party:

Hope this helps!

Ruth :macarena:

I hope this helps!
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can do whatever you want to. They'll be boardgame societies, probably will be ones for movies & bowling etc. most unis have like 200 different student groups for all kinds of random things.

There is a lot of drinking, but it is all entirely optional, people can however much or little as they like.

There will be plenty to do, I used to play cards a bit during undergrad, I only played monopoly 1 time but then tbh I dont play boardgames regularly anyway...

I used to play a lot of fifa, GTA, watch netflix with my mates things like that when I was an undergrad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (337)
34.67%
No (635)
65.33%

Watched Threads