CmCr1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I rent privately in Southampton and my parents pay my rent/guarantee - with an agency. However my father can not work at the moment due to the lockdown and his loss of income will make paying my rent impossible. What can I do?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CmCr1)
I rent privately in Southampton and my parents pay my rent/guarantee - with an agency. However my father can not work at the moment due to the lockdown and his loss of income will make paying my rent impossible. What can I do?
Do you have any money or student finance to help you make the payment? I would talk to your landlord and explain the situation. Some landlords are considerate of people's circumstances during this time, and they may be able to allow late or reduced payment.
CmCr1
Rep:
?
I have a reduced amount of finance and that is why dad pays the rent. Not spoken to the LL yet but will do.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CmCr1)
You need to find more money,
potentially at a supermarket or food supply chain etc.
Could your father get the government 80% of salary up to £2,500/month from employer...
CmCr1
Rep:
?
Oh I know! Issue is I'm at home with family one of whom has heart issues so can't go anywhere.
Dad is self-employed. An electrician so can't work from home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (93)
26.72%
No (255)
73.28%

Watched Threads