In what way is the virus situation any different from 12 months ago?

Watch
KNOWYOURRIGHTS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
12 months ago, people had flus, coughs, and some had bronchial pneumonia. In what way is the situation any different from how it was then? As far as I can see, the only difference is a controlled media raving 24/7 about a pandemic.
Silrer12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
The coronavirus is much more contagious and can be contracted from standing within about 1.5-1.8m of someone for too long. The pathogen also stays on surfaces for days without dying so if a person in a household has it, it is likely the whole household will. There's also a larger rate of infection and more people have died to it than people died to the flu last year. Also we have very little previous knowledge on how to treat it so as a population we are pretty defenseless to it.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by KNOWYOURRIGHTS)
12 months ago, people had flus, coughs, and some had bronchial pneumonia. In what way is the situation any different from how it was then? As far as I can see, the only difference is a controlled media raving 24/7 about a pandemic.
'As far as I can see'

Your not really looking are you?

Tell me, how many under-50s flu patients require ventilation and hospitalization to survive the flu?

If you can follow the logic from there, you will find your answer.

(hint. This pandemic kills young people, like the flu kills old people..)

You need to trust that many many nations around the world, wouldn't simply be taking a grenade to their own economies, if it weren't absolutely essential.
Last edited by fallen_acorns; 3 days ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by KNOWYOURRIGHTS)
You cant have been reading the difference between the flu and the flu+ covid 19.
You might want to do some very basic research and then we can fill in the gaps.
The fact you cnat see the difference would be very worrying to your mum and teachers.
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Idiot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads