Atonee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi everyone!

New member here and hoping to find some help.

My parents divorced few years ago and almost no communication between themselves anymore.

About a year ago, my mom has found a new partner in her life which helped her moving on. When my dad learnt about the existence of this man, he reacted very negatively disapproving him mainly because of his skin color.

Two months ago, my sister also started a new relationship with an African boyfriend.
Since then, my father decided to stop talking to my sister too.

As per myself, I am still talking to him but my position is obviously not so simple. I am feeling pressured being in the middle of everyone
Is there any chance my dad can open up the dialogue with my sister again? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Atonee)
Hi everyone!

New member here and hoping to find some help.

My parents divorced few years ago and almost no communication between themselves anymore.

About a year ago, my mom has found a new partner in her life which helped her moving on. When my dad learnt about the existence of this man, he reacted very negatively disapproving him mainly because of his skin color.

Two months ago, my sister also started a new relationship with an African boyfriend.
Since then, my father decided to stop talking to my sister too.

As per myself, I am still talking to him but my position is obviously not so simple. I am feeling pressured being in the middle of everyone
Is there any chance my dad can open up the dialogue with my sister again? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks.
Maybe try and persuade him to talk to your sister
Atonee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I did already but he didn't want to hear about this
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Atonee)
I did already but he didn't want to hear about this
Don't think there is much you can do then
Atonee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Yes it's kind of tricky situation. I guess with some time he might change his mind though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (54)
61.36%
No (18)
20.45%
Not sure (16)
18.18%

Watched Threads