The Student Room Group

firm leeds or manchester for chemeng

really stuck between them!!
The first chemical Engineering degree was taught at the University of Manchester.
I personally didn't even go to my Manchester interview for chem eng as I read online that Manchester doesn't treat its students very well, I would recommend doing some more research on student satisfaction as both unis are very good on reputation so make your finial judgement on student satisfaction, which course you prefer, if you want to do a year in industry, accommodation prices, how good the student union is, stuff like that you know.
Reply 3
Original post by chrismanning0711
I personally didn't even go to my Manchester interview for chem eng as I read online that Manchester doesn't treat its students very well, I would recommend doing some more research on student satisfaction as both unis are very good on reputation so make your finial judgement on student satisfaction, which course you prefer, if you want to do a year in industry, accommodation prices, how good the student union is, stuff like that you know.

I ended up firming Leeds! it was a gut feeling but I think it was the right one (I hope) :-)
Original post by Harry171
I ended up firming Leeds! it was a gut feeling but I think it was the right one (I hope) :-)

Probably a good choice. I still gotta decide what to put as firm.
Reply 5
Original post by chrismanning0711
Probably a good choice. I still gotta decide what to put as firm.

tbh I do feel miles better now I have firmed Leeds. I think part of me was too scared to move too far away from home and now I've forced myself to put Leeds as my firm I feel way better. I'm sure wherever you choose you'll be happy at. I know if I went to Manchester I would have probably had a good time there too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending