randomm13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
3. Vitamin C is water soluble and cannot be stored within the body. Many mammals, including dogs, can make vitamin C in certain cells. Humans cannot synthesize vitamin C and have to obtain it from their diet. However, if they consume more than needed, the excess is filtered from the blood in the kidneys and passes out in the urine.
Imagine that you are a scientist in a physiology research lab. Outline the design of an investigation to determine whether taking vitamin C supplements benefits people.
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I moved your thread to a more specific forum It would help the person seeing this post if you gave them what you've done so far and what part you dont understand for more specific advice
randomm13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Hi, I moved your thread to a more specific forum It would help the person seeing this post if you gave them what you've done so far and what part you dont understand for more specific advice
Oh, thank you very much!
So far I've done this:
(1) Take three groups of people.
(2) One group people who take the same amount of vitamin C supplements and another with people who take excess amount of vitamin C supplements and one where no vitamin C supplements are consumed.
(3) Make sure that everyone is of the same age and gender.
(4) Before starting the experiment take urine and blood samples of everyone and record the data.
(5) Every week for a year, collect urine and blood samples of everyone and compare the results.
(6) Those who took excess supplements of vitamin C would have a urine sample of concentrated vitamin C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (289)
34.28%
No (554)
65.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed