Daz2310
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Im doing my EPQ and it due on 3rd April. I am currently on 3.8k words. Is that enough words? I can get it up to 4.2k
My dissertation is on Racism in football
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What examboard are you doing it on?
Daz2310
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What examboard are you doing it on?
AQA i think
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
"All project products must include a written report. The exact length of each written report will depend on the nature of the project, the subject area or topic chosen and the other evidence provided. A project product which consists solely of a research-based written report should be approximately 5000 words, for example, a research report of a scientific investigation, exploration of a hypothesis or an extended essay or academic report in an appropriate form. Where the chosen product is an artefact there must also be a research-based written report of approximately 1000 words. In order to appropriately evidence an artefact students may include photographs of each stage of development as well as the final product. It is not necessary to include large artefacts themselves as evidence, photographs or other media will suffice."
Daz2310
Rep:
?
"All project products must include a written report. The exact length of each written report will depend on the nature of the project, the subject area or topic chosen and the other evidence provided. A project product which consists solely of a research-based written report should be approximately 5000 words, for example, a research report of a scientific investigation, exploration of a hypothesis or an extended essay or academic report in an appropriate form. Where the chosen product is an artefact there must also be a research-based written report of approximately 1000 words. In order to appropriately evidence an artefact students may include photographs of each stage of development as well as the final product. It is not necessary to include large artefacts themselves as evidence, photographs or other media will suffice."
You think 4.2k words will be enough?
neigh.a
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Daz2310)
I am also doing aqa epq. Writing 4200 words will not be enough to gain the grade you want. It's better to write 5000 words and more than less. Hope this helps
gilliewolf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Im doing my EPQ and it due on 3rd April. I am currently on 3.8k words. Is that enough words? I can get it up to 4.2k
My dissertation is on Racism in football
Need to get to get it as near as 5000 as you can .. I think it’s give or take 200 words
Daz2310
Rep:
?
(Original post by gilliewolf)
Need to get to get it as near as 5000 as you can .. I think it’s give or take 200 words
If i was to aim for a grade B do you still think 4.2k is too low cos my teacher said theres no word count, 5000 is just advisory but im not too sure
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would suggest getting it to more closer to 5000 words tbh
Daz2310
Rep:
?
I would suggest getting it to more closer to 5000 words tbh
Imma push for 4.7k. That should be good enough as I dont want to waffle
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Imma push for 4.7k. That should be good enough as I dont want to waffle
I think that would be good enough tbh
gilliewolf
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If i was to aim for a grade B do you still think 4.2k is too low cos my teacher said theres no word count, 5000 is just advisory but im not too sure
no no no 5000 is the word count .. trust me you want higher than a B.. tbf if you don’t get an A in reality there was no point doing one
Daz2310
Rep:
?
(Original post by gilliewolf)
no no no 5000 is the word count .. trust me you want higher than a B.. tbf if you don’t get an A in reality there was no point doing one
True, I've just realised im doing edexcel not AQA so you think they will be as strict on the 5000 words?
gilliewolf
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
True, I've just realised im doing edexcel not AQA so you think they will be as strict on the 5000 words?
Yeah they will be .. if you are under try to be only 200 under or something
Our teachers were v strict on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (90)
52.63%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.88%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (47)
27.49%

Watched Threads