The Student Room Group

Ford or Vauxhall

If you were looking at a new hatchback which one would you buy? I would definately go to Ford and dont know why people would go Vauxhall.

Scroll to see replies

It depends really, I would say the Corsa has a better build compared to the Fiesta, especially with the quality of plastics etc
But the fiesta has the better mechanicals, especially since the new Corsa is a rebadged Peugeot.
Personally I'd go for a Honda Civic, or something like that (obviously in an ideal world, with cheap insurance)
Depends entirely on my budget
Reply 3
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Depends entirely on my budget

If you had 10k
Original post by Joe Weller
If you had 10k

Ford
Reply 5
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Ford

Same
Reply 6
Original post by LTEcactus
It depends really, I would say the Corsa has a better build compared to the Fiesta, especially with the quality of plastics etc
But the fiesta has the better mechanicals, especially since the new Corsa is a rebadged Peugeot.
Personally I'd go for a Honda Civic, or something like that (obviously in an ideal world, with cheap insurance)

Honda is more reliable than both tbh
Ford.
Ford, fk driving a Vauxhall again. had both. Admittedly the Corsa was an older used one, but still, to hell with them
Reply 9
Original post by StriderHort
Ford, fk driving a Vauxhall again. had both. Admittedly the Corsa was an older used one, but still, to hell with them

What year was the corsa?
What year was the corsa?

08 Corsa D, rotten right through.
Reply 11
08 Corsa D, rotten right through.

What year was the ford?
What year was the ford?

17, just sailed it's MOT today funnily enough.
Reply 13
17, just sailed it's MOT today funnily enough.

Well done on your ford passing its mot
Ford, I’m looking to buy a car and corsas scar me because on a lot of them Reverse is right next to gear 1 and I’m scared I’ll reverse when I need to go forward or the same the other way ahah
Reply 15
Original post by Amy hull 123
Ford, I’m looking to buy a car and corsas scar me because on a lot of them Reverse is right next to gear 1 and I’m scared I’ll reverse when I need to go forward or the same the other way ahah

I think they have a button you push when you go into reverse but id say go for anyway xxx
Well done on your ford passing its mot

I can't really take much credit :tongue: It's had an easy life with only 7k on it. Technically my mum's but she doesn't get out now and i'm generally in my own car, it's been nice to have a shot of it for a few years though.

Christ I forgot that stupid clicky knob gearbox as well :colonhash:

You have to press a separate button which I prefer as you cannot accidently go to it and it is quicker to switch between 1 and reverse this way as less distance between them. Corsa Vs fiesta is a hard one. I have a Corsa so maybe biased but I like the look of a 5dr fiesta but a 2dr Corsa. Corsas are generally cheaper parts, better visibility, better interior but fiestas have a slightly better drive, better mechanics (as someone said) and hold value. But I'd go for a polo over them as for a similar price and class it's leagues above them
Original post by MahirUddin
You have to press a separate button which I prefer as you cannot accidently go to it and it is quicker to switch between 1 and reverse this way as less distance between them. Corsa Vs fiesta is a hard one. I have a Corsa so maybe biased but I like the look of a 5dr fiesta but a 2dr Corsa. Corsas are generally cheaper parts, better visibility, better interior but fiestas have a slightly better drive, better mechanics (as someone said) and hold value. But I'd go for a polo over them as for a similar price and class it's leagues above them

In terms of parts, I wouldn't have thought there was a huge amount in it tbh.
Even with my Volvo, I haven't found parts to be too expensive tbh, although I admit they are a bit more expensive than a Corsa.

I thought reverse was down from 5 in a Fiesta, but there isn't a switch, it just goes in from what I remember?

My Volvo is the same, although I think it's slightly offset from 5th so you don't accidentally go into it.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending