Ford or Vauxhall

Watch
Joe Weller
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
If you were looking at a new hatchback which one would you buy? I would definately go to Ford and dont know why people would go Vauxhall.
LTEcactus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It depends really, I would say the Corsa has a better build compared to the Fiesta, especially with the quality of plastics etc
But the fiesta has the better mechanicals, especially since the new Corsa is a rebadged Peugeot.
Personally I'd go for a Honda Civic, or something like that (obviously in an ideal world, with cheap insurance)
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Depends entirely on my budget
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
Depends entirely on my budget
If you had 10k
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Joe Weller)
If you had 10k
Ford
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
Ford
Same
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by LTEcactus)
It depends really, I would say the Corsa has a better build compared to the Fiesta, especially with the quality of plastics etc
But the fiesta has the better mechanicals, especially since the new Corsa is a rebadged Peugeot.
Personally I'd go for a Honda Civic, or something like that (obviously in an ideal world, with cheap insurance)
Honda is more reliable than both tbh
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ford.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ford, fk driving a Vauxhall again. had both. Admittedly the Corsa was an older used one, but still, to hell with them
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Ford, fk driving a Vauxhall again. had both. Admittedly the Corsa was an older used one, but still, to hell with them
What year was the corsa?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What year was the corsa?
08 Corsa D, rotten right through.
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
08 Corsa D, rotten right through.
What year was the ford?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What year was the ford?
17, just sailed it's MOT today funnily enough.
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
17, just sailed it's MOT today funnily enough.
Well done on your ford passing its mot
Amy hull 123
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ford, I’m looking to buy a car and corsas scar me because on a lot of them Reverse is right next to gear 1 and I’m scared I’ll reverse when I need to go forward or the same the other way ahah
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amy hull 123)
Ford, I’m looking to buy a car and corsas scar me because on a lot of them Reverse is right next to gear 1 and I’m scared I’ll reverse when I need to go forward or the same the other way ahah
I think they have a button you push when you go into reverse but id say go for anyway xxx
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well done on your ford passing its mot
I can't really take much credit It's had an easy life with only 7k on it. Technically my mum's but she doesn't get out now and i'm generally in my own car, it's been nice to have a shot of it for a few years though.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Christ I forgot that stupid clicky knob gearbox as well
MahirUddin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You have to press a separate button which I prefer as you cannot accidently go to it and it is quicker to switch between 1 and reverse this way as less distance between them. Corsa Vs fiesta is a hard one. I have a Corsa so maybe biased but I like the look of a 5dr fiesta but a 2dr Corsa. Corsas are generally cheaper parts, better visibility, better interior but fiestas have a slightly better drive, better mechanics (as someone said) and hold value. But I'd go for a polo over them as for a similar price and class it's leagues above them
LTEcactus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MahirUddin)
You have to press a separate button which I prefer as you cannot accidently go to it and it is quicker to switch between 1 and reverse this way as less distance between them. Corsa Vs fiesta is a hard one. I have a Corsa so maybe biased but I like the look of a 5dr fiesta but a 2dr Corsa. Corsas are generally cheaper parts, better visibility, better interior but fiestas have a slightly better drive, better mechanics (as someone said) and hold value. But I'd go for a polo over them as for a similar price and class it's leagues above them
In terms of parts, I wouldn't have thought there was a huge amount in it tbh.
Even with my Volvo, I haven't found parts to be too expensive tbh, although I admit they are a bit more expensive than a Corsa.

I thought reverse was down from 5 in a Fiesta, but there isn't a switch, it just goes in from what I remember?

My Volvo is the same, although I think it's slightly offset from 5th so you don't accidentally go into it.
Last edited by LTEcactus; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (90)
52.63%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.88%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (47)
27.49%

Watched Threads