Would this be considered minor noncence?

Watch
XNO25MALE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I've caught voice recordings of care team leader and care workers talk aggressively about disabled residents
For example:
'its got to stop!' 'why does she want to go out again, it's got to stop she has to stop!'

And also
Gossiping about a resident being difficult.

I am thinking of sending to CQC but frightened they will just see it as minor nothingness.
Coolfred
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Obviously I've not heard the whole story, but that could possibly be talking about the coronavirus and it being a bad idea to go out 🤷*♂️
Coolfred
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Actually, not the gossiping of course
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
No harm in reporting it.
StevenP83
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Are they gossiping in front of the residents?
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coolfred)
Obviously I've not heard the whole story, but that could possibly be talking about the coronavirus and it being a bad idea to go out 🤷*♂️
No. Before crono.
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
(Original post by StevenP83)
Are they gossiping in front of the residents?
No
StevenP83
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by XNO25MALE)
No
So are you concerned that this is actually affecting the quality of care? If people are saying that someone is difficult, but are providing excellent care, then it’s basically just someone blowing off some steam to a colleague.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I've caught voice recordings of care team leader and care workers talk aggressively about disabled residents
For example:
'its got to stop!' 'why does she want to go out again, it's got to stop she has to stop!'

And also
Gossiping about a resident being difficult.

I am thinking of sending to CQC but frightened they will just see it as minor nothingness.
Without context it's really hard to see that as aggressive.
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
So are you concerned that this is actually affecting the quality of care? If people are saying that someone is difficult, but are providing excellent care, then it’s basically just someone blowing off some steam to a colleague.
It's hard to explain. The footage would probably explain alot better.
6ix9ine4life
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Don't do a thing op. I've worked at like 10 as agency now and you've got to remember these places take ANYONE, if that's the worst thing you've seen they're better than the average carer and all reporting would do is one of the following:

1) disciplinary, they don't change what they're doing and it causes passive aggressiveness
2) they get sacked, maybe they'll get someone better but from personal experience it's extremely likely they'll be replaced by someone the same or worse

The depressing truth is while care is so hard and pays minimum wage most the time you're going to get workers like this, with the exception of people using it for uni applications, foreigners who can barely speak english or the very rare person who finds it satisfying enough to do long term. Save your reports for physical violence or people sitting in the lounge talking while the residents p*** themselves.
Last edited by 6ix9ine4life; 2 days ago
StevenP83
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It's hard to explain. The footage would probably explain alot better.
So are you concerned that this is affecting the quality of care?
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
So are you concerned that this is affecting the quality of care?
Yes there is one perticular woman and a man who run the place (team leaders) they act more like Police officers than carers.

There are not firm but fair. They just bark orders at the residents. The residents are very well behaved, but still they treat them as prisoners rather than people in there own home.
StevenP83
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yes there is one perticular woman and a man who run the place (team leaders) they act more like Police officers than carers.

There are not firm but fair. They just bark orders at the residents. The residents are very well behaved, but still they treat them as prisoners rather than people in there own home.
Right, well that’s different. Your original post seemed to be that you wanted to report people to the CQC for gossiping away from the residents but it makes more sense now.
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
(Original post by 6ix9ine4life)
Don't do a thing op. I've worked at like 10 as agency now and you've got to remember these places take ANYONE, if that's the worst thing you've seen they're better than the average carer and all reporting would do is one of the following:

1) disciplinary, they don't change what they're doing and it causes passive aggressiveness
2) they get sacked, maybe they'll get someone better but from personal experience it's extremely likely they'll be replaced by someone the same or worse

The depressing truth is while care is so hard and pays minimum wage most the time you're going to get workers like this, with the exception of people using it for uni applications, foreigners who can barely speak english or the very rare person who finds it satisfying enough to do long term. Save your reports for physical violence or people sitting in the lounge talking while the residents p*** themselves.
I agree with 💯 of what you are saying about the care system. It is a mess. I've seen alot of homes like this, infact i covertly filmed one which got the home closed thankfully.

Anyone can work in care you are right. And they are usually thick and couldn't get a job anywhere else outside of care and fast food.
This perticular incident I'm talking about theres this team leader woman who treats the place as a prison camp having African carers that don't speak English well go along with her, she very power hungry. It's weird
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
Right, well that’s different. Your original post seemed to be that you wanted to report people to the CQC for gossiping away from the residents but it makes more sense now.
Yeah I'm going to put together all the recordings sometime this week and put the link here for you guys to have a better idea and judgement.
6ix9ine4life
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I agree with 💯 of what you are saying about the care system. It is a mess. I've seen alot of homes like this, infact i covertly filmed one which got the home closed thankfully.

Anyone can work in care you are right. And they are usually thick and couldn't get a job anywhere else outside of care and fast food.
This perticular incident I'm talking about theres this team leader woman who treats the place as a prison camp having African carers that don't speak English well go along with her, she very power hungry. It's weird
yeah you've got it dead on unfortunately. If she isn't actually abusing the residents just leave it, there's nothing positive you can do.
StevenP83
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yeah I'm going to put together all the recordings sometime this week and put the link here for you guys to have a better idea and judgement.
Please don’t post these recordings anywhere. If you want to go to the CQC then do so, but this could end up as evidence somewhere if the claims you are making are serious.
Last edited by StevenP83; 2 days ago
XNO25MALE
Rep:
?
(Original post by 6ix9ine4life)
yeah you've got it dead on unfortunately. If she isn't actually abusing the residents just leave it, there's nothing positive you can do.
They probably are. Unfortunately I am not in the rooms with them.

I notice that when I go into a residents rooms following proseduers to help them get changed and clean there room ect they take ages, or refuse certain things etc.

But when authoritarian woman and the African workers go into the rooms they very quickly do everything that is told of them to do
6ix9ine4life
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
lol don't do this. Some of these places are part of huge corporations which could destroy your life if they wanted to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads