Yes but it’s £375 it was in news
MaggieMaggieMay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes but it’s £375 it was in news
yikes! And they said it was going to be cheap..
I was skeptical because on channel 4 news they said there would be a kit available 'within days' and that was two weeks ago.Public Health England then said these tests were not reliable.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-25/...s-within-days/
Last edited by MaggieMaggieMay; 2 days ago
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by MaggieMaggieMay)
yikes! And they said it was going to be cheap..
I was skeptical because on channel 4 news they said there would be a kit available 'within days' and that was two weeks ago.Public Health England then said these tests were not reliable.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-25/...s-within-days/
Yeah it’s only like 60% reliable. The swabs with medical grades equipment are best as they’re 100% plus you don’t need bloodtest if it’s a swab
MaggieMaggieMay
Rep:
?
Yeah it’s only like 60% reliable. The swabs with medical grades equipment are best as they’re 100% plus you don’t need bloodtest if it’s a swab
I dont see that 60 percent figure anywhere.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
I dont see that 60 percent figure anywhere.
Search finger prick tests. Same as them sti finger prick they’re 60% plus covid is a virus that affects your airways not your blood system
MaggieMaggieMay
Rep:
?
Search finger prick tests. Same as them sti finger prick they’re 60% plus covid is a virus that affects your airways not your blood system
i have and that figure isn't anywhere. i don't think youre being accurate. they detect antigens present in the body when you have the virus.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
i have and that figure isn't anywhere. i don't think youre being accurate. they detect antigens present in the body when you have the virus.
I’ll find a link for you > antigens can be mistaken as they is 8 other virus that give you the exact same symptoms
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
The tests that hospitals use are also nowhere near 100% reliable. There are lots of false negatives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (83)
61.94%
No (51)
38.06%

Watched Threads