Sheffield13
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I'm moving schools to a different sixth form and just have a few queries about sixth form in general, if you could answer any of them or give any advice on these questions it would be genuinely so helpful! So...
- What shall I do in the lead up (summer holidays) to sixth form to prepare for lessons?
- How to make friends? I'm coming from a new school and don't really know anyone yet, so what would you say is the best way of going about friendships?
- What stationary do I need?
- Do y12 and y13 mix? As in, do they hang out together in the common rooms, speak to eachother and form good friendships or is it more divided into separate year group friendships?
- Revision tips?
- Any tips or advice on not falling behind in class?
- Free periods - what to do in them?
- How to organise your notes? Folders, notebooks? What is the best?
- Will many people be getting into relationships in sixth form?
- Confidence - what mindset to go in with?
- How to keep up with classmates
- Is getting a Saturday job a sensible idea or will there not be enough time?
- Would getting into a relationship be a bad idea at this stage?
I've left a couple questions that initially sprung to mind, if you have any advice or tips please leave it below, it would be a huge help to me and I'm sure lots of other people in my position,
Thank you!
Roseyr1119-20
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sheffield13)
Hi. I'm moving schools to a different sixth form and just have a few queries about sixth form in general, if you could answer any of them or give any advice on these questions it would be genuinely so helpful! So...
- What shall I do in the lead up (summer holidays) to sixth form to prepare for lessons?
- How to make friends? I'm coming from a new school and don't really know anyone yet, so what would you say is the best way of going about friendships?
- What stationary do I need?
- Do y12 and y13 mix? As in, do they hang out together in the common rooms, speak to eachother and form good friendships or is it more divided into separate year group friendships?
- Revision tips?
- Any tips or advice on not falling behind in class?
- Free periods - what to do in them?
- How to organise your notes? Folders, notebooks? What is the best?
- Will many people be getting into relationships in sixth form?
- Confidence - what mindset to go in with?
- How to keep up with classmates
- Is getting a Saturday job a sensible idea or will there not be enough time?
- Would getting into a relationship be a bad idea at this stage?
I've left a couple questions that initially sprung to mind, if you have any advice or tips please leave it below, it would be a huge help to me and I'm sure lots of other people in my position,
Thank you!
See if anyone else you know is going. Prepare for new mates. Look at what your normally need.
questions
1)know basic stuff and look at revision sites
2)find interests and share them. Talk to people in lessons and forms
3)normal stationary pens pencil etc.. sometimes a calculator is needed
4)depends what school you are going to
5)audio, revision cards, self-learning and game linked like word searches etc..
6)Make sure your quick at writing practice quick writing during holidays
7)continue with coursework and revise the skills you learnt
8)take folders, note pads also if you get books at school hole punch the side so you can attach to the folder
9)not always depends if you get boy/ girl best friends for a very long time normally in years before
10)inspiration and confidence
11)find a area of the school to hang out get their number and social media accounts also find out where they live
12) you should take a rest on weekends
13)not with someone who doesn't care and acts like the class clown but normally people would've grown out of that more
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1) Strengthen your GCSE foundation in the A-levels you are doing. What A-levels are you doing?
2) Use every opportunity to talk to people and say hi like in tutor and classes. (Some people like new people so they might approach you first)
3) Notepads, Pens, Some highlighters, a ruler, ring binders, file dividers and a bag. And more depending on the a levels you do
4) Maybe if the friend you make is friends with yr 13 but they don't mix a lot of time and it's more divided into separated year friendship groups unless again that friendship group is a mix or the friend you made is a yr 12 resit.
5) It depends on your A-levels
6) Use your free time effectively and do constant revision even if its a few amounts of times
7) Have lunch or do your homework or relax for a bit and hang out with friends
8) It depends on you and your alevels. I personally like ring binders but for maths, I like using a book better.
9) That's relative to your sixth form since its varied amount.
10) You should have a mindset that it's okay to make mistakes and struggle with workload because it's the first time you've been in this environment and learning the content so don't worry about getting high grades for now as long as you understand the content and what you've done wrong in questions (even if you don't, that's fine as long as you try to understand it)
11) Wdym keep up with classmates?
12) You can and it would be more sensible in yr 12 than yr 13. It's more if you can find a job that lets you be flexible or is more of a weekend job
13) No ik lots and lots of people with a relationship at this age. Just remember to leave some time for both your studies and relationship

Good luck btw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.78%
No (447)
66.22%

Watched Threads