The Student Room Group

Choosing a university/course

Hi guys,

I now have received responses from all 5 universities I have applied to, and have to make a choice, which is hard. I was hoping some people could help me here and answer some of my questions. The offers I've got are as follows:
Philosophy, Politics and Economics - University of Manchester
Politics and Economics - University of Nottingham
Economics and Politics - University of Bath
Politics and International Studies - University of Warwick

I originally wanted to go to Edinburgh or Warwick, but Edinburgh rejected me and Warwick offered me a place for a different course than what I applied for (I wanted to study Economics, Politics and International Studies). So now here I am with these offers, not what I was hoping for, but still not too bad, as it seems that most of these are good universities (and Warwick's Politics courses are ranked high as well, not only its Economics courses).
My brother studies in Manchester, and if I went there, my life would be much easier, as he could help me with lots of stuff (I'm not from the UK), including finding a place to work at (I must work or else I won't have money for my accommodation). Also, the course in Manchester would offer me great flexibility, and as I'm not sure what I'd like to study, this is a big benefit. Still, I'm afraid that by choosing the worst-ranked university out of the 4 I'm making a mistake.
So it is either Manchester or Bath/Warwick. Bath is great because it is fairly highly ranked and there I could study the course I originally applied to. Warwick is great too because it is the highest-ranked out of all these but I don't know if I should/want to study Politics and International Studies (and I can't change it once I'm there, while with the others I can focus on the subject I like more)
So what would you suggest? Any information about these universities would be helpful as well, and also experiences and advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending