The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Manchester vs Bristol for sociology?

Hi!
I have all my uni offers back for sociology. These are: Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and UWE. (all conditional) I was so happy to get an offer from Bristol but I would also love to go to Manchester. Bristol's entry requirements are AAB and Manchester are ABB so I would have to put Bristol as my firm and Manchester as my insurance but I'm not sure which is better for sociology? Kinda tempted to put Manchester (just based on the open day) as my firm but that would mean having to withdraw from Bristol :frown: Does anyone know which uni is meant to be better for sociology?
Any suggestions massively appreciated
Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by lolataylor
Hi!
I have all my uni offers back for sociology. These are: Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and UWE. (all conditional) I was so happy to get an offer from Bristol but I would also love to go to Manchester. Bristol's entry requirements are AABHi, and Manchester are ABB so I would have to put Bristol as my firm and Manchester as my insurance but I'm not sure which is better for sociology? Kinda tempted to put Manchester (just based on the open day) as my firm but that would mean having to withdraw from Bristol :frown: Does anyone know which uni is meant to be better for sociology?
Any suggestions massively appreciated
Thanks!! :smile:

Hi, I am applying to do Sociology at Sheffield (firm), Liverpool (Insurance), Bristol, Lancasater and UEA. I have visited both Manchester and Bristol and honestly both universities are incredible! I would consider whether or not you want a city campus or campus campus as Bristol is very hilly and spread out in comparison to Manchester (hence why i didnt choose it). I believe the sociology course is ranked higher for Bristol but both courses seem to be amazing to me. I would have a look at the individual modules each university offers as they do differ and you might find one uni doesnt offer the modules you like (this is what helped me make my final decision)
Hope this helps!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by tashadc
Hi, I am applying to do Sociology at Sheffield (firm), Liverpool (Insurance), Bristol, Lancasater and UEA. I have visited both Manchester and Bristol and honestly both universities are incredible! I would consider whether or not you want a city campus or campus campus as Bristol is very hilly and spread out in comparison to Manchester (hence why i didnt choose it). I believe the sociology course is ranked higher for Bristol but both courses seem to be amazing to me. I would have a look at the individual modules each university offers as they do differ and you might find one uni doesnt offer the modules you like (this is what helped me make my final decision)
Hope this helps!

Thank you!! This has helped, I'll take a look at the modules. I think they're both good options too so that's partly why it's so difficult to choose! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending