GIRLS, what age did you ‘blossom’?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Please give me some hope.

I’ve always been considered very pretty but when I hit 15 I don’t know what happened! My hair got dry and frizzed up, I put on nearly 2 stone and got spots. I’m nearly 16 and did not expect this.

Did any of you ‘blossom’ after going through an ugly phase and If so when?

My mother blossomed unbelievably when she was 17.
Roseyr1119-20
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was pretty since i was 0 minutes 0 hours 0 days 0 months 0 years. Still am pretty <3
MaggieMaggieMay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im 28 and i think i was prettiest when I was around 14-16. It all went downhill from there.
username4933904
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MaggieMaggieMay)
Im 28 and i think i was prettiest when I was around 14-16. It all went downhill from there.
haha I am sure that's not true
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nearly 29 and still waiting....
MaggieMaggieMay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
haha I am sure that's not true
It is believe me.
Roseyr1119-20
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wait for more glow ups
Lilli22
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
16-17. I was very quiet throughout school, overweight, spotty, didn't wear make-up. Didn't think I'd ever get a boyfriend. Had absolutely zero confidence. Went on a trip to Florida, started wearing shorts, make-up, felt good about myself. Went on the 5:2 diet a while afterwards and lost 2 stone. I'm a much different person now.

My mum always told me I would "blossom" as well but I didn't believe her. She was right lol.

It does take a bit of effort, though. It's not like you wake up one morning and suddenly feel great.
AqsaShazad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Before answering your question, I’d like to just mention that, everyone’s different <3 Don’t expect your body to develop exactly how other bodies did. Every body is special, which is one of the many things that makes humans, like other creatures, so fascinating. Each day your heart beats thousands upon thousands of times, your lungs breathe, your blood flows, your eyes see, your skin touches. Your body does so much just to keep you alive — it is so very precious. So don’t, even for a moment, think that it is lesser than any other body.

I always say, look after your creature (body). Be kind to yourself; look after yourself.

Acne is not permanent, neither is dry hair ^^ I’m sure you’ll find remedies. Some people use coconut oil to moisturise their hair, some people use salicylic acid on their skin for pimples, idk, there’s lots of things out there. Some things will work for you, other may not.

What I’m trying to say is, don’t worry too much. This is just part of the process of you, growing into you. Look after yourself; give your body time; and appreciate it for what it does for you <3
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
Dunno about blossoming as such. But I started feeling slightly more confident in my looks between 16 and 19, I certainly started getting a lot more attention etc then.
username5224582
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I’ve always been considered very pretty but when I hit 15 I don’t know what happened! My hair got dry and frizzed up, I put on nearly 2 stone and got spots. I’m nearly 16 and did not expect this.

The day I was born.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 29 and blossomed at 22. Seriously. I was hugely fat as a teen with bad skin, then I lost a load of weight starting at age 20, went on the pill which cleared up my skin, and developed a new confidence.
Aislynnnn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At 14 I was everything a guy's mom would forbid him to even see me lmao, but I started blossoming I guess! still on my way though, I'm currently 18 , sadly already had one ex-boyfriend as we both ended up having to focus on studies, but our relationship is still pretty great and either way, I'm still developing, got my weight down, my skin is glowier, healthier skin, mindset, better hair, more happiness!

Blossoming isn't really how you look outside on the outside, I believe its more to a character development as time passes, you mature, you learn, etc etc so please don't just focus on outer beauty <3 You're already beautiful for who you are and who you've become!
beach700
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MaggieMaggieMay)
At 14-16 we look so young, I think its better when you get older.
MaggieMaggieMay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by beach700)
At 14-16 we look so young, I think its better when you get older.
Depends.
Things start to sag once you're thirty.
octo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 21 and I'm just getting over the rough hormonal patch I hit when I was 16-17 and diagnosed with PCOS. So who knows?
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would say that I blossomed when I was around 18, now nearly 24, but from what I am told I am still maintaining my looks, figure and wit lol.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
From the age of 13 to 16 I was a mess. I was very scrawny, had no 'curves' and plenty of acne. I didn't hate how I looked, but I can't say I enjoyed looking in the mirror! Now I'm 17 turning 18 and I'm starting to grow into myself a bit more. I'd have to say my skin clearing up has given me more confidence and self-worth, but my more positive mind-set now has also helped me for sure. Hopefully I still have a bit more 'glowing-up' to go, but it's only just started now.
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hi
Genuinely you can still blossom yet as there's still time on your side as you are young yet, don't worry as it's part of pubicy as your body still developing.
Spots are part of this process as you get older the body changes all the time as the pores get blocked so causes spots okay.

Everybody develops at different age as what your mum had at 17 doesn't mean you'll be same at that age as could be later .
Don't worry about it yet hunni and forget what everybody tells you as when time comes you'll blossom out okay.
Be happy with what you got at the present moment ok as you don't wish to have big breasts like me as I'm exploded when I was about 18 / 19 and I am happy with them dispite being big .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.14%
No (575)
65.86%

Watched Threads