PigeonParliament
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Why do you need to re calibrate the eyepiece graticule with each new magnification? I'm not quite sure I understand how a changing the magnification affects the length of each division.
Sorry to be asking a question about microscopy- I'm extra grateful if you answer because its kind of a boring subject, so you're clearly just doing this to be kind!
lyer_in_hellfyre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by PigeonParliament)
Why do you need to re calibrate the eyepiece graticule with each new magnification? I'm not quite sure I understand how a changing the magnification affects the length of each division.
Sorry to be asking a question about microscopy- I'm extra grateful if you answer because its kind of a boring subject, so you're clearly just doing this to be kind!
edit : Each time we use a different magnification, the relationship btw stage micrometer units and eyepiece graticule units change tho

check slide 7 and 8 from the first presentation on this link
And no its not boring, its tricky :hide:
Last edited by lyer_in_hellfyre; 6 days ago
PigeonParliament
Rep:
?
(Original post by lyer_in_hellfyre)
edit : Each time we use a different magnification, the relationship btw stage micrometer units and eyepiece graticule units change tho

check slide 7 and 8 from the first presentation on this link
And no its not boring, its tricky :hide:
Thanks so much for helping me! The slides help me visualise it really well!
lyer_in_hellfyre
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thanks so much for helping me! The slides help me visualise it really well!
:ta: you too! i was able to clear my misconceptions as well (:
ikr that site is bio gem ngl
PigeonParliament
Rep:
?
(Original post by lyer_in_hellfyre)
:ta: you too! i was able to clear my misconceptions as well (:
ikr that site is bio gem ngl
Yeah, it is! I don't use it that often because it's mainly OCR stuff and I'm AQA, and those fricking mark schemes are so specific that I don't want to accidentally learn the wrong exam board's mark scheme. But I should have a look again for help with explaining concepts, it seems really useful for that!
Urgh, I just realised how depressing that sentence was- I'm basically just learning mark schemes for my A level!
lyer_in_hellfyre
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah, it is! I don't use it that often because it's mainly OCR stuff and I'm AQA, and those fricking mark schemes are so specific that I don't want to accidentally learn the wrong exam board's mark scheme. But I should have a look again for help with explaining concepts, it seems really useful for that!
Urgh, I just realised how depressing that sentence was- I'm basically just learning mark schemes for my A level!
Ah I see..
well as long as it helps us to be prepared for the questions its good.. in my opinion...I really regret not doing it earlier :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (48)
47.52%
No, they should still go ahead (23)
22.77%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (30)
29.7%

Watched Threads