Everyday objects workout

Watch
PuddingBear
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What everyday objects, or household objects, would be good to workout with? Can anyone recommend a routine to do? I have some weights and a bar at home, but I kinda want something heavier or different during this whole lockdown.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same problem here, local gym has closed and I'm stuck at home. All I can suggest in terms of staying fit is find yourself an area in your house or garden where you will feel comfortable working out and do basic HIT exercises and ab workouts. The mostly consist of crunches, sit-ups and leg raises but if you also want to work on strength I suggest maximising the amount of push-ups and squats you can do in 10 minutes. I do this by doing x amount of push ups with a 1 minute rest in between. Do this with squats as well and it should be a decent stay-at-home work out (this can basically replace weighted workouts and focus on conditioning your current strength rather than building more muscle).
PuddingBear
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 337527)
Same problem here, local gym has closed and I'm stuck at home. All I can suggest in terms of staying fit is find yourself an area in your house or garden where you will feel comfortable working out and do basic HIT exercises and ab workouts. The mostly consist of crunches, sit-ups and leg raises but if you also want to work on strength I suggest maximising the amount of push-ups and squats you can do in 10 minutes. I do this by doing x amount of push ups with a 1 minute rest in between. Do this with squats as well and it should be a decent stay-at-home work out (this can basically replace weighted workouts and focus on conditioning your current strength rather than building more muscle).
Thanks a bunch. I’ve been doing the squats, where I do 100, but if I do say 50 or 30 at once I subtract that from 100, then count down how long I have to rest. E.g, I do 30 squats, rest for 70 seconds, then do another say 40, rest for 30, etc. But I’ll try the others you have suggested too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (153)
15.76%
Uncertainty around my education (157)
16.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (92)
9.47%
Isolating with family (65)
6.69%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (35)
3.6%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (86)
8.86%
Loneliness (97)
9.99%
Financial worries (42)
4.33%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (88)
9.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (67)
6.9%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (89)
9.17%

Watched Threads