The Student Room Group

How would you feel if you were that bad at driving you had to give up?

I mean like you were that bad and you had to give up. One of my instructors implied it to me and it put me pretty down for quite a few days. People think you just go 'I cant drive but who cares' but no it really isnt that simple. Its going to be harder in life if you cant drive because public transport sucks. It is demotivating espeically for someone who is into cars so much and wants to make a career out of driving and it was when my instructor implied it, it put me down for and still stayed with me but my currrnt instructor said he thinks Ill definately pass my test and ignore the guy who said that. My teacher laughed at me when I said I was worried Im not going to be able to drive and I was feeling down about. As I said people think you can just accept that driving isnt for you but with me and a lot of others it isnt that simple which I tried saying. It can be very demotivating, its going to be harder to get a career or daily life.

Even if you have no intrest in cars at all which people dont but learn to drive when they turn 17. In the real world unless you live in london or something its is just pretty essential for commuting and daily life. It is still a skill to have if you arent going to buy a car just having the licence.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I mean like you were that bad and you had to give up. One of my instructors implied it to me and it put me pretty down for quite a few days. People think you just go 'I cant drive but who cares' but no it really isnt that simple. Its going to be harder in life if you cant drive because public transport sucks. It is demotivating espeically for someone who is into cars so much and wants to make a career out of driving and it was when my instructor implied it, it put me down for and still stayed with me but my currrnt instructor said he thinks Ill definately pass my test and ignore the guy who said that. My teacher laughed at me when I said I was worried Im not going to be able to drive and I was feeling down about. As I said people think you can just accept that driving isnt for you but with me and a lot of others it isnt that simple which I tried saying. It can be very demotivating, its going to be harder to get a career or daily life.

Even if you have no intrest in cars at all which people dont but learn to drive when they turn 17. In the real world unless you live in london or something its is just pretty essential for commuting and daily life. It is still a skill to have if you arent going to buy a car just having the licence.

Anyone?
Reply 2
I love cars too and to be honest when I started, I was hopeless and stalled multiple times a lesson. In the end, I got my licence within 6 months.Your instructor was a prick and shouldn't really be a teacher. I don't think you should take their opinion to heart.
Reply 3
Original post by Luna_1
I love cars too and to be honest when I started, I was hopeless and stalled multiple times a lesson. In the end, I got my licence within 6 months.Your instructor was a prick and shouldn't really be a teacher. I don't think you should take their opinion to heart.

I was still bad after 6 months, I started in summer 2018, in december 2018 my instructor had to have a word with my parents to show how bad I was then in 2019 jan or feb I changed instructor to the guy as you call him a prick he said that about not being able to do it then june he we just all agreed I need to go to automatic. Im still here learning now in auto, meant to have my test this week but no. Ive passed my theory and my auto instructor said ignore the guy who said I wont get my licence.
Reply 4

It upset me for quite a long time
Reply 5

Anyone else
Reply 6

how can I pm you? I wanted to say something
Original post by Ciel_
how can I pm you? I wanted to say something

Pm me on this account Ive repleid unanonymmously
Reply 8

Anyone else
I'd be gutted tbh as I wouldn't be able to have the career I want without driving
Original post by bones-mccoy
I'd be gutted tbh as I wouldn't be able to have the career I want without driving

Same id be a lot more than gutted though
You're your own worst critic - someone in time.

Honestly, you go through days where you experience defeat and sometimes people say the wrong things (most likely to keep you down and "milk" your money).

I doubt you are bad and even if you "are", what's stopping you from carrying on? Carry on, keep pushing and before you know it, you're Tokoyo drifting around you local Aldi.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by syycoker
You're your own worst critic - someone in time.

Honestly, you go through days where you experience defeat and sometimes people say the wrong things (most likely to keep you down and "milk" your money).

I doubt you are bad and even if you "are", what's stopping you from carrying on? Carry on, keep pushing and before you know it, you're Tokoyo drifting around you local Aldi.

I switched to auto which is easier

How gutted? would demotivate you because of the fact you have to be reminded that you cant drive, for me yes it would ruin me and ruin my life because of the fact its pretty a essential skill, espiecally if you are massive fan of cars
How gutted? would demotivate you because of the fact you have to be reminded that you cant drive, for me yes it would ruin me and ruin my life because of the fact its pretty a essential skill, espiecally if you are massive fan of cars

Very upset, yeah. It wouldn't stop me from working entirely but would certainly make working in specific settings significantly more difficult - I want to work in the prison estate and the large majority of establishments are outside of towns and major cities so public transport is basically none existent. It just wouldn't be feasible without a car.
Very upset, yeah. It wouldn't stop me from working entirely but would certainly make working in specific settings significantly more difficult - I want to work in the prison estate and the large majority of establishments are outside of towns and major cities so public transport is basically none existent. It just wouldn't be feasible without a car.

It would ruin your life even if you worked from home like daily duties and everything so it would **** me up big time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending