How to keep mouse away from bed??

Watch
SilverSeawish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I saw a mouse in one corner of my room the other night, across from my bed. I know that supposedly means the mouse has already been in the room, but I've been hearing sounds under my bed almost every other night since then. I'll hit the side of the wall or something to get it to stop, but after reading all this stuff on the internet, I'm afraid it'll climb into my bed. I never eat food in bed, or have any in the room, but the mouse is here anyways, so I figured that wasn't good enough reason not to worry about it. Does anybody know if any of those youtube mouse repellent videos work, or if it's just making me feel better? Cause I just played that all night. Didn't see a mouse, (heard 'em, why I played the video) but I heard that high pitched ringing all night and I'm tired as crap. Does anybody know how I can just make sure the lil' varmint stays out of my bed until the trap gets him?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SilverSeawish)
So, I saw a mouse in one corner of my room the other night, across from my bed. I know that supposedly means the mouse has already been in the room, but I've been hearing sounds under my bed almost every other night since then. I'll hit the side of the wall or something to get it to stop, but after reading all this stuff on the internet, I'm afraid it'll climb into my bed. I never eat food in bed, or have any in the room, but the mouse is here anyways, so I figured that wasn't good enough reason not to worry about it. Does anybody know if any of those youtube mouse repellent videos work, or if it's just making me feel better? Cause I just played that all night. Didn't see a mouse, (heard 'em, why I played the video) but I heard that high pitched ringing all night and I'm tired as crap. Does anybody know how I can just make sure the lil' varmint stays out of my bed until the trap gets him?
Ewwwwwwwww lol

First mistake of having a mouse is trying to coexist. They will learn the traps.

Try getting him out the room first. Even if it takes all night.

Then once you do a room check right after, close the door and plug it from the inside. Make sure no gaps are under your door or holes in the walls.

Next set traps inside just in case, but outside right at the door. Even if you have to line them up ugly. Then learn how to step over the traps yourself, and how to swiftly open and close your door.

Finally get to your room to clean it up, make sure nothing to nest or hide in is on the floor.

Next rearrange furniture. They like dark underneath places. So you might wanna get rid of your bed frame and just have the mattress on the ground if you don't want it under there. If you don't want the boxspring on the floor, then clean literally everything out from under there. Next place a single booby trap somewhere so you'll hear if he's in the room so you can deal with it right away. Worst thing is to let it get used to the place. Then they WILL take over.

Meantime, keep an eye out and traps outside your room. Get snap traps and definitely large sticky ones.

Inb4 horrified weird vegans who don't seem to understand disease....
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
LMAO I'm picturing op having a face off with a mouse trying to shoo it out. Omds adults vs rodent pests is literally the funniest thing ever.
SilverSeawish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Ewwwwwwwww lol

First mistake of having a mouse is trying to coexist. They will learn the traps.

Try getting him out the room first. Even if it takes all night.

Then once you do a room check right after, close the door and plug it from the inside. Make sure no gaps are under your door or holes in the walls.

Next set traps inside just in case, but outside right at the door. Even if you have to line them up ugly. Then learn how to step over the traps yourself, and how to swiftly open and close your door.

Finally get to your room to clean it up, make sure nothing to nest or hide in is on the floor.

Next rearrange furniture. They like dark underneath places. So you might wanna get rid of your bed frame and just have the mattress on the ground if you don't want it under there. If you don't want the boxspring on the floor, then clean literally everything out from under there. Next place a single booby trap somewhere so you'll hear if he's in the room so you can deal with it right away. Worst thing is to let it get used to the place. Then they WILL take over.

Meantime, keep an eye out and traps outside your room. Get snap traps and definitely large sticky ones.

Inb4 horrified weird vegans who don't seem to understand disease....
Trust me, I have NO intention of trying to "co-exist".. I want this dude outta' here.
Thanks for the advice.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can stand on your bed away from it and try to trap it in a bucket and then sellotape the bucket to the floor or sit on the bucket until someone comes to help.
Then you get off the bucket while someone else holds it and then you can put something heavy on top of the bucket so it doesn't move
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you need help with killing it I have loads of ideas 🙈🤣🙊
SilverSeawish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
LMAO I'm picturing op having a face off with a mouse trying to shoo it out. Omds adults vs rodent pests is literally the funniest thing ever.
XD I just think of that disney movie from when I was little.. The Rescuers. This crazy red-haired lady chases them around with a gun and alligators and somethin' else.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
XD I just think of that disney movie from when I was little.. The Rescuers. This crazy red-haired lady chases them around with a gun and alligators and somethin' else.
Lol neva saw
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trust me, I have NO intention of trying to "co-exist".. I want this dude outta' here.
Thanks for the advice.
Gewd luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (301)
34.28%
No (577)
65.72%

Watched Threads