The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilyolivia
I am currently working at Tesco and I'm going back to uni in September, will I be able to return to work with them at Christmas or do I have to re apply?

If you did a student transfer, then yeah that is part of the deal. If you haven't done a student transfer to another tesco near your uni then you would have to re-apply.
Just want to say all the best in figuring out the extremely difficult online questionnaire algorithm to get an interview with Tesco in the first place!

I tried every different combo and still I'm unsuccessful!

Shame- must be missing out on so many good customer assistants because "computer says no"

Very annoyed and frustrated

Would've been a perfect local job for me!
Hi everyone - I'm currently working for Tesco and I believe the next payday is soon. I've had my uniform and everything but I still don't know my employee number, and I'm a little worried that I won't be able to view my payslip, as I've been told everything's online through OurTesco and I don't have an employee number to create an account there. Does anyone know what the procedure is, I've been told that I need to get my employee number from my first payslip, but it seems I can't get my payslip without my employee number!
I'm applying and I have a question about career history. Do I have to fill in every job I've ever had? It doesn't say to, but is there a box I have to tick at the end to say it's complete?
Also is it possible to save the application and come back? I feel like I need a rest already and I'm only on page one!
Original post by paddlesnap2
Hi everyone - I'm currently working for Tesco and I believe the next payday is soon. I've had my uniform and everything but I still don't know my employee number, and I'm a little worried that I won't be able to view my payslip, as I've been told everything's online through OurTesco and I don't have an employee number to create an account there. Does anyone know what the procedure is, I've been told that I need to get my employee number from my first payslip, but it seems I can't get my payslip without my employee number!

Ask your Tescos Administrator to give you your ID.

Didn't you sign a contract or anything? I found out my ID when I was given my contract to sign.
No, nothing. Not on any of my documents, not on any paperwork I was given, nothing. To tell you the truth it's pissing me off because I need to see how my pay was worked out to determine if there was a problem, and it seems like they're actively preventing me from doing it.I'll ask in-store when I'm next there.
Does anyone know how many hours of indction they pay for?

Do they pay for 7.5hrs or 6.5hrs?

And any ideas of the cut off day for overtime hours and normal contracted hrs.

My payslip is pretty confusing and it doesnt list hrs and it seems they either didn't pay for induction or 1 of my overtime.
Original post by LimeSpice
Does anyone know how many hours of indction they pay for?

Do they pay for 7.5hrs or 6.5hrs?

And any ideas of the cut off day for overtime hours and normal contracted hrs.

My payslip is pretty confusing and it doesnt list hrs and it seems they either didn't pay for induction or 1 of my overtime.

Induction times are different for everyone just depending on how quickly they get through the stuff. You'll be paid for as long as you're there.
There is no cut off day for contracted hours, you will be paid those monthly (as long as you have done a full months)
Overtime cut off is one week and one day before payday (Thursday before payday)
Your payslip should say how many hours you've been paid in 3 sections
1) Contracted hours
2) Overtime 1
3) Sunday overtime
Hope this helps.
How long after applying do Tesco let you know if you go to next stage?

I applied before got rejected probably because of wrong answers in the questionnaire. i did it again and switched answers.
I have done 3 weeks so far at Tesco and I'm finding the job good to go along with college.

Today the line manager gave me term and conditions employment to sign today.

My contract ends on end of October 2017 and just wondering if every Tesco worker went though the 12 weeks period?

Should I be worried or is it just normal for to start 12 weeks period and it gets renewaled?
Original post by sam995
I have done 3 weeks so far at Tesco and I'm finding the job good to go along with college.

Today the line manager gave me term and conditions employment to sign today.

My contract ends on end of October 2017 and just wondering if every Tesco worker went though the 12 weeks period?

Should I be worried or is it just normal for to start 12 weeks period and it gets renewaled?

Yeah I had to sign one too and it said my contract ends in Nov 2017. If they like you enough, they will just renew it and make you long term employement.
Yeah I had to sign one too and it said my contract ends in Nov 2017. If they like you enough, they will just renew it and make you long term employement.

I see

I am enjoying working at Tesco as I'm getting along with the line manager and work colleagues.

No problems so far.
Anyone heard anything from stores you've applied to the student transfer for? Still waiting and I start uni in like a month!
Does anyone know when we're meant to hear from the stores from the student transfer by?
Original post by FallenEyelash
Does anyone know when we're meant to hear from the stores from the student transfer by?

I'm in the same boat as yours. I spoke to my personnel manager about this and she is going to ring up the store I'm applied to get a transfer to for me. If you can't do that, I'd ring up the store personally yourself and speak to their personnel manager.
Hi guys,

I have a few questions about applying for Tesco.

1. There are lots of "customer assistant" vacancies for my local Tesco, they have different working times/days. I applied for the one vacancy with a time that suits me. Is it normal/okay to apply for the other customer assistant roles if the times suit me as well?

2. The deadlines for most of these vacancies seem to end on 13/10/2017. Does anyone know when they normally respond back to your application. Is it after the deadline or a few days after your application or varies between each store?

3. If I have failed the questionnaire, how long do they take to notify me?
Original post by pigs can fly
Hi guys,

I have a few questions about applying for Tesco.

1. There are lots of "customer assistant" vacancies for my local Tesco, they have different working times/days. I applied for the one vacancy with a time that suits me. Is it normal/okay to apply for the other customer assistant roles if the times suit me as well?

2. The deadlines for most of these vacancies seem to end on 13/10/2017. Does anyone know when they normally respond back to your application. Is it after the deadline or a few days after your application or varies between each store?

3. If I have failed the questionnaire, how long do they take to notify me?

1) Just stick to 1 application. If you get to the interview stage they will ask for your availability

2) They will respond whenever they look at it, could be weeks before end date or a few days after

3) instant rejection.
Has anyone tried ordering their own uniform and it's worked?
Original post by Tara97
Has anyone tried ordering their own uniform and it's worked?

yeah.

As long as you order on the wednesday you will get it on the same friday.

I ordered it and it worked. Your login isn't your employee ID, its 3 letters if your surname followed by DD/MM/YY
yeah.

As long as you order on the wednesday you will get it on the same friday.

I ordered it and it worked. Your login isn't your employee ID, its 3 letters if your surname followed by DD/MM/YY

Thank.you.so.so.much. You're the best x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending