Is it sad to go pub on your own?

Watch
Joe Weller
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I went before they all closed and the lockdown, it was like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I didnt feel sad or anything, if anything I preferd it than going with my mate or anyone. I went on my phone and everything. Its just someone laughed at college and callled me sad so I got angry but wont get into that on here.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I go on my tod every week, I prefer it. I get left alone or if I do bump into people (almost always do), I can either be there on my own terms or just **** off. Much better.
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
I go on my tod every week, I prefer it. I get left alone or if I do bump into people (almost always do), I can either be there on my own terms or just **** off. Much better.
I know I sometimes bump into people.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely not, you can go on your own or with other people. If you go on your own you might even meet other new people. Sometimes we all need a bit of our own time
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It seems a bit academic at present. I have gone to the pub to watch football on occasions by myself.
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nothing wrong with going to a pub on your own, sometimes it's nice to have a bit of peace and quiet, away from people you know and love.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nah, you're fine.
I've been by myself a few times, made a few friends there too.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joe Weller)
I went before they all closed and the lockdown, it was like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I didnt feel sad or anything, if anything I preferd it than going with my mate or anyone. I went on my phone and everything. Its just someone laughed at college and callled me sad so I got angry but wont get into that on here.
Going by yourself is fine tbh as it going with others
If anything when the pubs reopen and you go by yourself and want to talk with people there, I'm sure anyone willing to have a conversation twill be fine with you talking to them, especially after the lockdown they might want to talk to other people outside of their house for once
Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Going by yourself is fine tbh as it going with others
If anything when the pubs reopen and you go by yourself and want to talk with people there, I'm sure anyone willing to have a conversation twill be fine with you talking to them, especially after the lockdown they might want to talk to other people outside of their house for once
I sometimes talk to other people or talk to thd bar staff as well they ask how my days have been
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can get beaten up there and no one can stand up for you. I've never been to a pub. Not sad but painful.
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't be sad...or angry.

Joe Weller
Rep:
?
(Original post by covidbite)
Why do you care what people think?
Everyone on this thread is saying it's fine but say everyone was instead saying it's sad would you then decide to never go to the pub alone again because of what people think?

The reality of the situation is there will be people who see nothing wrong with it and there will be some people who find it weird/sad.

Me personally I find nothing wrong with it and I have done it myself many times.
I just dont like people thinking negatively about me
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Right now I’d give anything for things to be back to normal and happy to go to the pub whether it’s alone or with a hundred people!
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nah just depends. I might just want a quiet meal/spend a lunch hour ect, I might be confident of bumping into folk/Groups I know. I might just have a bit of time to kill and want a nice drink to watch the world go by, 8am was a good time, as the world going by all look really bummed out
KAF128___
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BeautifulQueen)
You can get beaten up there and no one can stand up for you. I've never been to a pub. Not sad but painful.
You need to choose your pubs carefully. Many are not dangerous. Never seen a fight in a pub in 38 years.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nothing wrong with heading to it for a cheeky drink or whatnot, i've found it can be quite a good place to sit and do some work/read on my own.
With that being said i'd probably draw the line at going their to get ******ed on my own, bit old man/alcoholic.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KAF128___)
Never seen a fight in a pub in 38 years.
Wait, what?

that sounds incredibly sterile and dull to me
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, I used to get quite sad when I did it.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wait, what?

Dunno, if you went to a pub once, then again 38 years later, it's plausible you might not see a fight :P

Although I must admit, despite being a Glasgow drinker I've seen fewer and few as time goes on, at most ill be alerted to a vague scuffle 'What happened?" "Someone got chucked out" "oh"
KAF128___
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wait, what?

Well, I say "never". The ladies' darts team get a bit restless, sometimes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (243)
33.75%
No (477)
66.25%

Watched Threads