A.Shakh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I just received four rejections for medicine and I am unsure what to do now. I applied for UCl, Imperial, Oxford and St. Georges. My UCAT score was too low so I got rejected by St. Georges. My BMAT score was Section 1: 4.1 and Section 2:5.2 and Section 3:3.5A.
My A level predicted grades are D2(equivalent to A*) for Pre-U biology, D3( equivalent to A) for Pre-U Math and A forChemistry. And for GCSE I have 9 9s and 3 A*.
I still got three interviews for Oxford,UCl and Imperial.But I got rejected by all three.
Is there any way I can still get into medicine in any way (clearing? Not sure how that works or if I could even get into medicine from there) . What should I do I’m so confused and I don’t know what to do. Should I take a gap year or should I start doing another course? I did get accepted for biomedical sciences at UCL and they have offered me other courses to study other than medicine at UCL.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
HS_1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by A.Shakh)
I just received four rejections for medicine and I am unsure what to do now. I applied for UCl, Imperial, Oxford and St. Georges. My UCAT score was too low so I got rejected by St. Georges. My BMAT score was Section 1: 4.1 and Section 2:5.2 and Section 3:3.5A.
My A level predicted grades are D2(equivalent to A*) for Pre-U biology, D3( equivalent to A) for Pre-U Math and A forChemistry. And for GCSE I have 9 9s and 3 A*.
I still got three interviews for Oxford,UCl and Imperial.But I got rejected by all three.
Is there any way I can still get into medicine in any way (clearing? Not sure how that works or if I could even get into medicine from there) . What should I do I’m so confused and I don’t know what to do. Should I take a gap year or should I start doing another course? I did get accepted for biomedical sciences at UCL and they have offered me other courses to study other than medicine at UCL.

Hey! I think St George's did clearing for med last year so I wouldn't lose hope just yet if I were you - but considering u didn't meet the cut off score, you may want to email them about how clearing would work for you.
If you get the grades this yr and still have no offers for med, it may be best to reapply but again that's up to you.
Biomedical Science would be a good idea but if you're able to get AAA this yr then I definitely think it's worth taking a year out and giving it another shot - may save u time and money in the long run!

Best of luck : )
TheProphetsPath
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by A.Shakh)

Definitely take a year out and reapply. You had 3 interviews from top institutions settling for a different course shouldn't even be an option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads